CHAPTER 5| Records.

TW: mentions of eating disorders.

I hear footsteps approach my door

Right now, I'm sitting on the edge of this bed. I haven't moved an inch.

I've been waiting for someone to come tell me it's dinner.

Is it dinner?

The footsteps come closer.

I freeze, but quickly fix my posture.

They grasp the golden knob.

But then they just walk away.

I sigh a breath of relief I didn't even know I was holding. I fall back onto the bed. This bed is so soft, I think I'm on clouds.

It feels like I'm on clouds.

I stare at the celling, thinking about the events that had happened recently.

Right now it's Friday, I left London to move with my brothers 2 days ago. We're in Italy now.

The possibility of this happening to a person with normal luck is very low, but if I don't have normal luck, then what luck do I have? How does life even progress that fast?

Right now I'm in a house that's basically built with the most expensive products ever, in fact, I'm sitting in a room with a 24K gold chandelier hanging on the celling. And I'm expected to normalize this? To just, 'get used to it?'

I hear a knock on my door, snapping me out of my swarming thoughts and also making me instinctively sit up immediately.

"Lea, It's time for dinner."

I tense a little less hearing it's Elijah. Even though I haven't been here for long, I feel a bond with him, safest with him.

I quietly walk to the door and open it, and am faced with Elijah looking down at me, smiling.

"I don't think you'll remember the way so let's go down together." He says.

I nod in agreement, there was no way I could remember my way through this house even if my life depended on it. It was simply too complex and massive to remember routes. We both exit my room then go down the stairs.

I tried my best to remember but it gets confusing when we took an abnormal amount of rights, lefts and just turns overall.

We land in a massive room with an enormous marble - gold dining table in the center of the room and elegant plants in the 2 end corners. Everyone was seated, looking at me and Elijah expectantly. Never mind, just me. He already took his seat.

The only seat left was between who I new as Elliot and Elijah. I sighed and sat there knowing I probably had no other choice.

A couple of people come and put food in front of us so I nod my head and smile in gratitude. She looks taken aback but none-the-less smiles before scurrying off elsewhere.

Almost instantly, my brothers start eating their food.

I take off the lid and audibly gulp seeing the amount of food on the plate.

I can't eat all of that.

I look around to see if anyone's looking. No one is.

I take a few bites and already I feel quite full. I lean back onto my chair and sigh.

From the corner of my eye, I see someone taking food off my plate. I look up to see one of my brothers - one I don't know the name of - sheepishly smiling at me.

"Aidan, stop stealing off her plate." Giovanni scolds. Oh, and so Aidan is his name.

"Uh, it's fine.." I say quietly, not wanting someone to get into trouble because of me.

"You sure? You've barely had a quarter of it," Elijah asks, furrowing his eyebrows.

"Mhm, I ate before leaving the house and I ate some at the police station." I lie a bit too quickly.

"Right.." He says, skeptically.

"So can I have some?" Elliot asks.

I nod in approval.

"Nah, mine now." Aidan butts in, pushing it closer to him then protectively putting his hands around the food.

Damn, pretty childish.

"Lea, you and your brothers are going shopping on Sunday since you'll be starting school." Giovanni informs me.

"Also, we looked into your records and I saw you've been arrested for street-racing 6 times?" He says, questioningly raising an eyebrow.

"Oh, um, I was just- uh, racing with.. friends?" I say, thinking of that at the top of my head.

"Right.." He says, narrowing his eyes at me.

"What's his name?" I ask, pointing towards the bored-looking guy from earlier.

Changing the subject but also asking a genuine question, nice.

"It's Nicholas. He doesn't talk much and he's quite distant. Don't let his coldness get to you, same for Giovanni." He teases.

I nod again, this time in understanding.

"We understand this is all so sudden, and we just want to add that we are all here for you." Elijah suddenly says.

As if on que, all the boys nod in sync.

"Thank you..?" I say awkwardly.

"Can someone please show me my room? I kinda.. forgot where it is." I quietly ask, lowering my head.

"Sure principessa, follow me."

________________________________________________________________________________

Sorry, this chapter is kinda lazy but its 1:36am in the night and i'm tired. I'll proofread in the morning.

Make sure to comment and vote!