CHAPTER 15| Catching on?

I think I'm loosing it.

I haven't got an ounce of sleep, just staring out the window, watching the stars float through the night sky.

It's become practically daily, a coping mechanism.

I think I have school tomorrow, how fun!

No sarcasm intended, it's been a while since I last went to school.

But that doesn't mean I didn't educate myself, of course I did.

By going to the library as much as I could, which would normally end up as me being called a lot of slurs and bruises.

Anyway, I think I have the right amount of knowledge for a 15-year-old.

Wait, shit, I think it's today.

I sigh and hold my head in my palms.

I hop off my couch and turn to check the time on my alarm.

5:25am.

I think I'll have enough time to get ready.

Wait, I don't have my uniform.

I audibly groan in frustration freely fall onto my bed.

I sit up, deciding if or if not I should go to Giovanni's office to ask for my uniform.

I silently debate, before hearing light footsteps approach my door.

My eyebrows furrow,  as I automatically sit up with a neutral facial expression.

The person quietly knocks, so quiet that I don't think I would've heard it if I wasn't paying attention.

"Come in," I say, allowing the person the come in.

My eyes widen in slight shock but I quickly recover and give the person - the maid a small smile.

I'm just assuming they're a made since they have the same uniform as the other workers in this.. mansion.

"Don- I mean- Sir Laurier requested we give this to you for your school today," She informs, suspiciously stuttering at the start.

But at least it's confirmed, I do have school today.

"Thank you," I say, smiling in gratitude.

She sends a light-hearted smile towards me before scurrying out of my room, respectfully closing the door after her.