CHAPTER 49| Cracking.

THIRD PERSON POV:

THIRD PERSON POV:

EVERYTHING CAME crashing down within minutes in the Laurier's household.

No one was thinking straight, properly, or rationally. It was all so quick― too quick for even Giovanni, Don of the most powerful mafia, to comprehend.

The mafia princess disappeared.

Their principessa mafiosa.

Gone.

No one knew where she was, what happened to her, why she was gone, when she disappeared..

And it was driving them crazy.

Chaos quickly stirred up in the house, and everything spiralled out of control.

She'd left without a sign, a note― or anything at all. Disappeared like she'd never been here at all.

Unfortunately for the Laurier brothers, all this did was bring back unwanted memories. 12 years back when she had been kidnapped at 3. 1 year back when they had found her. Only a few months back when she'd started to trust them. And now, everything seems to be all over the place.

There's no way of telling if she ran away or was kidnapped.

Or maybe..

"Cameras!" Elliott springs up from the black, leather couch.

Aidan and Elijah turn their heads to look at Elliott.

Them three were the only ones trying to do anything about it at the moment. Actually attempting to think of something― anything.

Nicholas had more-than-likely gone back to his old ways, drenching himself in sweat alcohol and possibly substances. Jist like what he did when his father died. It'd always been his way of coping Giovanni.. Giovanni was upredictable. Right now, he could be killing people, hundreds and thousands of bad people. Or, he could be going mental, ripping his own hair out and beating himself up at the fact she was gone. Or, effectively shouting at his men and trying to get them to find any type of clues.

"Right! How did we not think of that?" Aidan agrees, nodding. This had piqued Elijah's interest.

Everyone in this room probably thought she ran away. Maybe she was getting comfortable and trusting with them, but maybe her guts told her no, she'd just changed her mind, couldi couldn't take it, so decided on fleeing. There was no possible way of her hearing them in the office because she didn't know they were there. They didn't have 100% faith in Azalea.

However, Elijah did. Always did.

As soon as she stepped foot in the airport that day, he saw right through her. It was almost as if he could clearly see the thoughts that ran through her mind. Obstacles that she avoided. That this was a new chapter in his and her life.

So, he always tried to start a conversation. Maybe she'd slip up. Then, that day when he'd figured it out, put the puzzle pieces together, and she'd break down because it wasn't meant to happen. That, was yet again another chapter. And with a million chances pushed away, a million possibilities and knowledge of what'd happen. Azalea trusted them. Elijah could tell she was finally lowering his guard and becoming comfortable. The first people she had trusted in a while. He was the only one who understood.