Chapter 13

Grace's pov:

Candice started telling me about her vacation trip on Hawaii with her aunty. How much she loved that place. She got a little tanning also. As we were talking someone cleared their throat beside Candice. We both raised our heads towards the voice and saw Joshua Candice don't know him, we stared at him for few seconds so he could say why he is here but he did said anything so we went back to our conversation.

He again tried to get our attention by tapping on the table. "What?" Candice spat annoyed by his interruption.

"That's my place." he replied.

"And who said that?" she again questioned.

"I am sitting here from few days." he retorted back.

"Because I was on vacations for few days, and no one can come and claim my seat like that boy." she snapped at him.

"But here nowhere your name is written." he frowned.

"Neither yours." she said and smirked.

He glanced at me with hopeful eyes so I would say something in his favour but I was staring at him.

Why would I take his side?

Candice is my priority, no one else.

"But--" he again opened his mouth to argue like always so I interrupted him.

"Candice always sits with me and this is her place whether her name is written or not". I said. After hearing me Candice's smirk widened.

"See, she prefers me over you". Candice said proudly .

He gritted his teeth and strode away from there to find a new place for him. There was a bench in the corner which was empty he angrily sat on it.

Finally I'm free from him.

The teacher Mrs. S--- whatever entered after a while. The whole class greeted her and after her permission sat back. She scanned the whole class and stopped her gaze at him. Joshua.

"As promised show me your summary Mr. Williams." she said waiting for his reply.

What promise? What summary?

"Yes ma'am". He said and took out the papers from his bag.

He went in front of the her desk and put the papers on it. She nodded.

He walked back to his bench and sat on it. She move her gaze to me and asked "So Ms. Anderson now where is your work which I gave you in yesterday's detention".

I didn't said anything because I'm not interested in her and her work. So the old hag got angry and said "You left the class without my permission and even disrespected me and above that you didn't have done your work."

"It's not like if she will not do your work the whole world will stop." Candice answered instead of me.

"Do not speak until you are asked Ms. Salvadore" the old hag said.

"I was just stating the obvious". Candice again replied glancing at her perfectly manicured nails.

"Ms. Anderson either you show me your work or see yourself out of my class". She said pointing her finger towards the door of the classroom.

Okay I was waiting for this moment.

Finally I can go out.

I stood up and started walking out of the classroom. Candice also started following me out of the class.