Chapter 43

Joshua's pov:

I was on the way to school thinking about yesterday's moments with Grace. After dropping her home I went back to my home. We didn't started working on the project yet because it was almost evening when we returned to home. So, I decided to head back home not wanting to disturb the family again. Though it is not even a family.

I thought all day night about what Grace told me. How her parents, her friend who was his crush and that psychopath treated her. She didn't deserve that, heck no one deserves that. She is a victim but she never shows that and always pretend to be strong and rude. That's how she is soft from inside and rude from outside.

As I entered towards the school main gates I saw there stood Lucas, Dylan and Alex already smirking at me.

What's with them in this early morning?

"How are you Joshua?" Lucas asked smirking evilly at me.

"None of your concern." I spat back.

He grabbed me from my shirt and pulled me to him. "Do not answer back like that to me." he said gritting his teeth.

"Let's try again." I said smiling sickly.

"How are you Joshua?" Dylan asked this time.

"That's none of your concern." I again spat. They can trouble me as much they want but I will never give them the satisfaction of fear which they want to see in me.

"What did he just told you?" Alex interrupted.

"You can tell me anything but I will do whatever I want." I said slyly.

Lucas grabbed my shirt collar. "You son-----" as Lucas was saying suddenly he get cut off by a loud yell.

"WHAT'S HAPPENING HERE?" I turned around and saw Grace striding towards us in pure rage.

She came near to us and grabbed Lucas's collar. "What were you doing?" she snarled.

"Leave my collar." Lucas said coldly.

"I will not what will you do?" Grace asked smirking.

"I don't want to fight with you leave my collar." Lucas again said.

"Why? Don't want a fractured arm again?" Grace's smirk widened.

Lucas clenched his jaw but didn't said anything. "What were you doing to Joshua?" she again asked coldly.

"We were doing nothing just a little introduction." Alex said.

"Like I don't know how your introductions done." Grace said rolling her eyes.

"We are telling the truth." Dylan said this time.

"Don't fuck with me I saw him grabbing Josh's collar." Grace said gritting her teeth.

"No we were-----" as Lucas was saying Grace held his jaw in a tight grip.

Even he was way more burly and muscular then her. But still she had more power and skills than him. What does she do to summon this much power?

"Do-not-ever-even-try-to-touch-him-again." she said pressurizing on every word to show the authority of her words.

"GET THAT?" she yelled.

They nodded their heads in yes. "This is my first and last warning to you or else--" she said and again went for gripping his jaw but this time I held her wrist and she halted.

She snapped her head at me. As soon as her eyes met with mine her eyes filled with emotions. "I'm fine." I said reassuring her.

She nodded her head at me and turned to them. "Don't ever think about hurting him or else I will show you what a hell looks like." she said aggressively and held my hand dragging me with her.

She took me to the same place where she always smokes. She halted and turned to me. I watch her confused "Do you want to smoke now?" I asked strictly.

"No." she says in a firm tone.

"Then why we are here?" I asked amusingly.

"What were they doing with you?" she asked coldly.

"Um nothing as they said they were asking for my introduction." I lied.

"Like I'll believe you." she argued folding her arms on her chest trying to intimidate me.

"Josh I'm not fool to believe on your lies I clearly saw that bastard grabbing your collar." she seethed out.

"Um that's just---" I started trailing off not knowing what to answer her.

"Yeah yeah find a good excuse." she said raising her brow.

"Btw when you fractured Lucas's arm?" I asked amusingly changing the topic.

"When I came first day in this school he tried to bully me so I beat the shit out of him." she shrugged like it is a normal thing to do.

"I know you are trying to change the topic." she said.

I grimaced not knowing what to say. "But let me tell you one thing if someone will hurt you I'll make their life living hell." she spat.

I watched her in shocked expression is she for real? "They had nothing to do with me." I tried to convince her. I don't know why I'm even defending them.

'Because you don't want to let her know that you are weak and can't even protect your own self.' my inner voice mocked.

"I know you are lying and now I also get from where you got that bruise on your jaw and blood coming out from your nose." she said coldly.

What?

How?

Why is she single smart?

"If he will again even tried to touch you I will show him what I can do." she sneered.

"It's nothing like that my possessive girl." I teased her.

"In not possessive." she argued.

"So what is it? Why are you so angry on them for hurting me?" I asked wiggling my brows.

"Because no one can hurt you except me." she spat.

Huh?

What is this logic?

But when there is Grace logic is not needed.

She don't live with right or wrong, logic or without logic. She is girl of her own thoughts and do whatever she wants even if it is logical or illogical. Because that's how she is. And that's the thing I like about her most.

'Anyways you like everything about her.' my inner voice mocked me.

Yeah yeah.

No need to remind me.

**************************

Vote. Comment. Follow.
& take care🖤