Chapter 47

Grace's pov:

Me and Joshua are walking to his home for completing our project. Yes, now we decided to do it on Joshua's home because of the drama unfolded infront of him yesterday at the mansion. I don't want him to see that again and become uncomfortable. Yesterday our whole day went in vain because of so much drama we just collected flowers nothing else. Joshua himself asked me to come with him at his home for the project. It's fine with me if he is comfortable.

'And what about your comfort.' my inner voice mocked me.

How? How I'm thinking about his comfort instead of mine? I was not like this I was the selfish one who thinks about own comfort before anyone else. He changed me. He made me the person opposite to who I was before. Rude and selfish. Yes these were the words which described me perfectly.

Today when that Stacey bitch ratted about me to him, he took my side. He told that I'm his girlfriend his priority in front of everyone without any hesitancy. This act of him made me feel giddy and want to jump, kick legs in air and giggle a lot like a normal teenage girl who falls in love for the first time. Before him coming in my life I was not like a normal teenage girl. I always behaved more mature than my age. But now I'm just feeling like to do normal things like normal people do. Just because of him. He is the one who did this.

I glanced at our hands our fingers were tangled with each other. His hand molded mine like only my hand belongs in his hand. I smiled at my own thoughts. From when I started thinking these kind of things. I moved my gaze to his face watching his side profile which was looking like a synonym of calmness. Whenever he walks with me anywhere he always held my hand while walking just like now. I smiled feeling happy.

"Why do you love me?" I asked him wanting to know what he liked in me.

"Because it's you." he simply said.

"And what is special about me?" I again asked wanting a perfect answer to my question.

"Because you are different from others. You don't think like them and you don't fake your emotions. And that makes you special." he said while turning his head back and smiling at me. I nodded at him.

After few minutes we reached to his home. It was looking like a normal middle class house. Not so fancy not too old. We entered inside he removed his shoes and put them in shoe rack near the door. I did the same. I raised my head and saw it was decent looking home from inside. Good furniture, family photo frames were hanged on the walls, a medium sized couch and coffee table and some things of home decor. It was giving cozy and warm vibes. Some magazines and books were scattered on the coffee table.

Is this how a home feels like?

So comfortable!

"I'm back mom. Where are you?" he said raising his voice few octaves higher.

"I'm in the kitchen." a feminie faint voice came from a certain direction.

"Come." he said gesturing me to come with him and went to the direction from where the voice came and I followed him.

When we reached there I saw it was a kitchen. "Why you ask a same question daily when you know I always be in the kitchen at this time." a woman I think would be his mom said flipping something on a pan without turning back.

Joshua sniggered. "I like to do it mom. Btw what are you cooking today." he asked her.

"Some bacon and pasta with avocado sandwich." she replied him.

"But wash your hands first." she said strictly.

"Geez woman." he said and rolled his eyes at her.

"Don't you dare to roll your eyes at me you boy." she warned him.

How did she knew he rolled his eyes without turning back?

"Don't worry mother and child bond." he whispered in my ear after seeing me confused.

I shifted my gaze to him and nodded. "What are you whispering?" she said and turned around.

But immediately her eyes snapped to me. How will she react seeing me here? Will she like my presence in her home or not? What is she get to know how I treated her son in the beginning. But she seems like a sweet lady will she be mad at me?

"And who is this pretty girl standing right there?" she asked him gesturing towards me.

"Oh she is Grace. My girlfriend." he said casually to his mother like she is his friend.

"N-no we----" as I opened my mouth to deny his statement I was cut off by a smack on his head.

Did she already disliked me?

What if she asks me to breakup with him?

But it's not even a whole day completed of our relationship.

"What?" he ashed rubbing the back if his head.

"You didn't told me you have a girlfriend!" she sad crossing her arms on her chest. I was standing there quietly don't wanting to interrupt in between.

"Mom it's just because today only I asked her to be my girlfriend." He retorted back.

Shut up Joshua!

Can't you see she is angry so much.

She again smacked her head and said "At least you could have told me your girlfriend is coming home so I would have cooked something special for her." she said frowning.

Huh?

She came to me and said "It's so rude of me making you stand here come and sit please." she said sweetly and made me sit on the kitchen stool.

"Thank you." I said and she smiled at me.

Joshua also came and sat on the stool beside me. She came with the glass of water and handed it to me. I took the glass from her hands and started sipping the water.

"So tell me everything how you ashed her out." she asked Joshua. I chocked on the water and started coughing.

She ran to me and started caressing my back. "Slowly." she said softly.

I nodded at her and saw concern in her eyes for me. She is concerned for me but why? She don't even know me and I'm not even related to her. But still I saw the care and concern in her eyes for me which I always desired from my own mother.

************************

Vote. Comment. Follow.
& take care🖤