Chapter 33

(Sunday)
Grace's pov:

I woke up and sat on the bed. Finally it's weekend and I can go for cycling with Joshua. I'm unexpectedly excited. Cycling with Joshua is the only thought in my mind today. I went to the bathroom and brushed my teeth and took a quick shower. I peek out of the window and saw the weather was very nice. I decided to wear a plain black t-shirt with grey joggers. I look my myself in the mirror.

Am I looking too simple?

Will Joshua think I have bad fashion sense?

Why am I behaving like a lovesick girl?

Fuck it!

I pushed my thoughts aside and tied my hair into the ponytail. I took out the key from the bathroom cabinet and went into my room. I unlocked and opened the drawer of the study and took out the precious necklace of Mrs. Anderson. But for me it's a piece of shit. I gazed at the necklace and smirked.

I went downstairs and saw Mr. and Mrs. Anderson having breakfast. They are home today because ofcourse it's Sunday. My footsteps caught their attention and they both turned their head towards me. I intentionally threw the next in the air and Mrs. Anderson's eyes widened like a tennis ball, before the necklace would fall on the floor I caught it and grinned at Mrs. Anderson indirectly warning her for her future actions.

"Where is my bicycle?" I asked without beating around the bush.

"O-uh it's in the garage I ordered it for you specially this Thursday." Mrs. Anderson said fake smiling.

"Let me check first I don't believe you." I said curtly.

Walking straight to the garage I saw the new bicycle there. I went back to the dining room and threw the necklace at Mrs. Anderson she hastily caught and sighed. I rolled my eyes at her and walked back to my room.

I picked up my phone from the side table of my bed and bit my lip thinking should I call Joshua or not? Will it be okay if I call him? From when I started thinking so much and caring about things?

Pushing my thoughts aside I called him the call ring for few minutes and the it get received and his voice came-

~Him: Good morning , my girl.

~Me: I'm not your girl.

~Him: Wanna debate on it?

~Me: Don't irritate me Josh.

~Him: I'm not bellisima.

~Me: What does it mean?

~Him: It's not your concern.

~Me: Do you want to come for cycling or not?

~Him: Yeah of course I want to.

~Me: Then meet me in front of the same park we went that day.

~Him: Yes, mam anything else?

~Me: No, how much time will you take?

~Him: Umm I didn't had a shower yet if you can come at my home and help me showering them it will take less time you know.

I can feel him grinning at the other side like an idiot.

~Me: Okay then don't come.

~Him: Whyyy? You are no fun.

He whined.

~Me: Okay bye.

~Him: No, I'm coming in half and hour.

~Me: Okay.

(I said and hung up the call.)

I plopped down on my bed and started playing games in my phone. After half and hour when it's almost time I went downstairs walking out of the door.

"Where are you going now?" Mr. Anderson asked from behind me.

"None of your concern." I said without turning around and walked out of the door. I went to the garage and saw the bicycle but how will o take it to the park?

I removed the bicycle from the stand and started walking, holding its handle and dragging it with me. After 10 minutes of walking I reached to the park and saw Joshua already standing there with his bicycle in black t-shirt and grey shorts. He saw me and waved at me.

I reached closer to him he saw my outfit and grinned at me and said "Are you intentionally twinning with me?"

"Shut up." I spat and rolled my eyes.

"How rude." he said and frowned.

I stared at him blankly. He hopped down from his bicycle putting it on stand, he came closer to me.

"Let's start now." he said and gestured me to climb up on the bicycle.

I hesitantly climbed up on the bicycle and held his t-shirt instead of the handle.

"You have to hold the handle not me." he said softly.

"No, I will fell down." I said getting afraid.

"No, you will not I'm here just trust me and do as I say." he said assuring me.

"No no please please keep holding Josh or I will fell down." I said gripping his t-shirt tightly.

"I will not let you down just trust me." he said and unclenched my fists from his t-shirt and put them on the handle.

"Trust me." he said softly.

I nodded vigorously and held the handle. "Put your feet on the pedal and keep pushing them slowly." he said explaining me how to move it forward.

I slowly started pushing the pedal and he was holding me. His one hand was on the handle above my hand and the other one was on my waist he was gripping me firmly.

I keep pushing the pedal slowly and slowly and the bicycle keep moving forward and he also walking beside me holding me securely.

He keep praising me time to time as I'm a small kid like 'Just like that, good girl', 'yeah very good', 'you are doing it right', 'keep going'.

"Now you just have to stable your balance and that's it." he said.

"No Josh don't leave me I will fell down." I said scared.

"I will not let you fall down I'm just right behind you." he said loosening his hold.

"No-no Josh." I stammered.

"Believe me." he said and left me. I got scared "Look infront and keep peddling." he said jogging behind me.

I did as he said and keep moving forward. Wow now I'm cycling on my own without any support. Suddenly after a few distance the bicycle started disbalancing and I was trying to control it but failing as I was about to fall suddenly Joshua held the bicycle and supported me again stabling the balance.

"See I told you I will never let you down." he said softly smiling at me.

He was right.

***************************

Vote. Comment. Follow
& take care🖤