𝟎. ❙ 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞

❛ 𝑪𝑰𝑹𝑪𝑼𝑺 𝑭𝑹𝑬𝑨𝑲 ❜
════════◅∘≼≽∘▻════════
•☼.⭒✻❙ 𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄 ❙✻⭒.☼•

❝ 𝐢'𝐦 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐚 𝐥𝐚𝐛 𝐫𝐚𝐭! ❞

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

𝑮𝑶𝑶𝑫𝑩𝒀𝑬 𝒀𝑬𝑳𝑳𝑶𝑾 𝑩𝑹𝑰𝑪𝑲 𝑹𝑶𝑨𝑫
𝒔𝒊𝒓 𝒆𝒍𝒕𝒐𝒏 𝒋𝒐𝒉𝒏

❛ this boy's too young to be singing the blues ❜

        𝑇𝐻𝐸 𝐸𝐶𝐻𝑂 𝑂𝐹 𝑇𝐻𝐸 doctor's footsteps sent shivers down her spine with each step he took, but she refused to flinch. Seven had learned to never show fear when Dr. Brenner was around.

All this room contained was dust and the subject. Seven's gaze had never left the doll laying on the ground in front of her. Her legs were crossed and her hand was shaking because of her nervousness, but the struggle as well. Seven had been given an incredible power, but she refuses to harness it. The last thing she'd want is to hurt someone, which was her purpose.

"Focus, Seven. Picture the fire." Dr. Brenner ordered as he continued to circle the little girl with a scar along the right side of her face. That was the result of her refusing to cooperate during a testing.

"I see the fire." Seven was the only child in the lab that could speak full sentences. However, that was the result of her not knowing of the other children. She had been kept in this one room for five years and the only person she had ever come into contact with was Dr. Brenner, or Papa as he's attempted to make her address him as such.

Seven refused. She knew that her real father was looking for her. Thomas, her real father, she knew up until she was four, but at that age, she had been kidnapped and taken to this lab.

"If you see the fire, then make the fire." Dr. Brenner ordered as he kept pacing in a circle.

"No." Seven denied as she pushed the doll away from her. Dr. Brenner's footsteps suddenly stopped. He kneeled down on the floor next to the nine year old and pulled a small dagger out from his pocket.

"Seven...do you remember what happened last time you refused to cooperate?" Dr. Brenner threatened as he traced the scar on her face with the blade. She hit the man's hand away and yelled, "I'm not a lab rat!"

Frustrated, Dr. Brenner slashed the girl's face, just slightly hitting her. The tip of his blade caught her lip, causing it to bleed. Instinctively, Seven held her hand to her lip and heated up her wound, using that heat to close her cut. With the girl fallen on the ground, Dr. Brenner towered over her and put the knife back in his pocket. "You will not speak to your father that way."

"You're not my father." Seven muttered under her breath as she slowly got to her feet. Dr. Brenner took a step towards the little girl, trying to scare her, but Seven seemed to have too much bravery for her own good. "What did you say to me?"

"I said you're not my father!" The girl screeched, her ability being let loose from its cage. Flames appeared on Seven's hands and it flew across the floor towards Dr. Brenner. Luckily for him, the doctors on the other side of the two way mirror set off the sprinklers on the ceiling, which put out the flames immediately, even the ones on her hands.

Dr. Brenner, who quickly stepped out of the room as to avoid getting soaked by the sprinklers, left the girl to suffer alone in this artificial rain. He stepped into the other room where the other scientists observe Seven. "What happened with her?"

"She hasn't been responding to the sedatives. She sets them ablaze every time we give them to her and even broke the machine that delivers them. Seven is getting to be too powerful, sir. I think you've reached a limit." One of the scientists explained.

Dr. Brenner was busy fixing his hair from the sprinklers hitting him, so he wasn't fully paying attention to the subject, so he was slightly confused by the sudden concern from his employees. "What makes you say that?"

"Because she's somehow holding a flame even with water hitting it." Dr. Brenner looked through the window and saw Seven holding a flame in her hand. Water was still raining from above and it was definitely enough to put out a fire, but this girl had become so in control of herself that if she tried hard enough, Seven could set the ocean ablaze.

❘ ❙ ❚ ❚ ❙ ❘