𝟔. ❙𝐫𝐮𝐧𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫

❛ 𝑪𝑰𝑹𝑪𝑼𝑺 𝑭𝑹𝑬𝑨𝑲 ❜
════════◅∘≼≽∘▻════════
•☼.⭒✻❙ 𝐑𝐔𝐍𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐑 ❙✻⭒.☼•

❝ 𝐢 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐦𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐬𝐮𝐫𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐰𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐨𝐤𝐚𝐲

❝ 𝐢 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐦𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐬𝐮𝐫𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐰𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐨𝐤𝐚𝐲. ❞

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

𝑮𝑳𝑶𝑶𝑴
𝒅𝒋𝒐

❛ undress you with my eyes ❜

        𝐽𝐴𝐶𝑄𝑈𝐸𝐿𝐼𝑁𝐸 𝑊𝐴𝑆 𝑅𝑈𝑁𝑁𝐼𝑁𝐺 𝐴𝑆 fast as she possibly could with Will Byers right behind her. The two were rushing through what looked like Hawkins, but a far more decrepit version of it. They had been scurrying and rushing through this wasteland for three days and catching a break was a very rare occurrence.

Will was starting to fall back a little on account of Jacqueline being years older than him and taller. Even with Will running for his life, he had an age disadvantage. Seeing as how Jacqueline didn't want to slow down because of the giant creature chasing after them, she picked up Will and put him on her back.

They could hear the clawing and screeching noises of the monster behind them. Will held onto Jacqueline for dear life as she ran faster and faster despite her aching legs. In hopes to lose the monster, Jacqueline hopped over a toppled log and helped Will down. The two sat on the ground, their backs to the wood, wishing to stay hidden from the monsters.

Will's breathing was quick and uneasy, his panic beginning to settle in as Jacqueline took the gun they had found in a random home and held it out for Will. "You know how to shoot a gun?"

Will nodded his head, so she handed it to him. "Great. Take this."

Jacqueline and Will knew each other before, which was helping them in this case. Because Jacqueline is friends with his older brother, she had babysat him before and just spoken while at the Byer's house. Will prepared and readied the gun as quickly as he possibly could as Jacqueline held her hands together. She was trying to heat up her palms so that she could create a larger fire, but Jacqueline was a little out of practice.

Just as Will moved to look past the log, he aimed the gun right at the creature running towards them and shot right at it. Jacqueline threw a flame at the bullet, setting it on fire, so as it hit the monster, it screeched in pain from the flames.

Will had seen this trick from her before. He had learned to get used to it. Jacqueline very briefly explained her unique situation to him considering she wasn't going to hide it in a life or death situation. Will had seen far odder recently what with his home being flipped upside down and large, gray, slimy and skinny nine foot creatures with talons for fingers and faces that open up to reveal dozens of sets of razor sharp teeth.