𝟏𝟕. ❙𝐤𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐢𝐧 𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐚𝐫𝐦𝐨𝐫

❛ 𝑪𝑰𝑹𝑪𝑼𝑺 𝑭𝑹𝑬𝑨𝑲 ❜
════════◅∘≼≽∘▻════════
•☼.⭒✻❙ 𝐊𝐍𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 𝐈𝐍 𝐒𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐀𝐑𝐌𝐎𝐑 ❙✻⭒.☼•

❝ 𝐢𝐭'𝐬 𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐫-𝐥𝐢𝐜𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐠𝐨𝐨𝐝

❝ 𝐢𝐭'𝐬 𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐫-𝐥𝐢𝐜𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐠𝐨𝐨𝐝. ❞

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

𝑪𝑶𝑴𝑬 𝑶𝑵 𝑬𝑰𝑳𝑬𝑬𝑵
𝒅𝒆𝒙𝒚𝒔 𝒎𝒊𝒅𝒏𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕 𝒓𝒖𝒏𝒏𝒆𝒓𝒔

❛ at this moment, you mean everything ❜

        𝐽𝐴𝐶𝑄𝑈𝐸𝐿𝐼𝑁𝐸 𝑊𝐴𝑆 𝐶𝐿𝐸𝐴𝑅𝐿𝑌 𝐷𝑅𝐸𝐴𝐷𝐼𝑁𝐺 going to this dinner. All it was going to do was remind her of the fact that her friend was dead, brutally murdered, and her parents had false hope. They were forever searching for a girl that no longer existed.

Jacqueline and Steve were standing in front of the Holland's door, about to knock. Jacqueline was fiddling with her glove that Steve had made her before he nudged her arm. She looked up at Steve, who sent her a small smile. "It's gonna be okay."

Jacqueline nodded as she let out a small breath. They knocked on the door and met the parents. They said their hellos, did their greetings, and Jacqueline found that it honestly wasn't that bad. Treating this like a normal dinner was really helping her cope with the fact that they were going to have to break the news eventually. There was time to build up to it.

The dinner table was already set and the Holland's and the parents led them over to the dinner table. Jacqueline and Steve sat across from them where there was KFC in the middle. Barbara's mom passed it around for everyone to take as they pleased as she apologized, "I'm so sorry I didn't get to cook. I was gonna make that baked ziti you guys like so much, but I just forgot about the time, and before you know it, oh my god! It's five o'clock!"

"It's perfectly fine, don't worry about it." Jacqueline reassured, seeing as she didn't want Barbara's parents to stress about making Steve and her feel at home. She didn't want them to stress, and same with Steve. "Yeah. Right, I love KFC."

Steve had spoken just before he stuffed his face with chicken. Jacqueline looked over at him a moment since his speech was a little muffled from eating, but she turned back to Barbara's parents since there was something poking at her mind that she needed to know about. "So, Mr. and Mrs. Holland, there's a For Sale sign in your yard. Is that, um, is that the neighbours, or..."

"You wanna tell them?" Mrs. Holland smiled at her husband. He nodded his head, too with a smile, like this was something they were greatly proud of. Jacqueline was terrified that they were going to leave. Of course she'd understand them moving once they were aware of the death of their daughter since they wouldn't want to live in this town, which would only be a reminder. But right now, this house was the only thing connecting Jacqueline to her friend.