𝟏𝟗. ❙𝐤𝐢𝐬𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐝𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐡

❛ 𝑪𝑰𝑹𝑪𝑼𝑺 𝑭𝑹𝑬𝑨𝑲 ❜
════════◅∘≼≽∘▻════════
•☼.⭒✻❙ 𝐊𝐈𝐒𝐒 𝐎𝐅 𝐃𝐄𝐀𝐓𝐇 ❙✻⭒.☼•

❝ 𝐰𝐞 𝐠𝐨𝐭𝐭𝐚 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐩 𝐜𝐫𝐲𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐢𝐧 𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐧𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐞𝐚𝐜𝐡 𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫

❝ 𝐰𝐞 𝐠𝐨𝐭𝐭𝐚 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐩 𝐜𝐫𝐲𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐢𝐧 𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐧𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐞𝐚𝐜𝐡 𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫. ❞

TW!▬▬mention of domestic abuse

𝑯𝑶𝑼𝑵𝑫 𝑫𝑶𝑮
𝒆𝒍𝒗𝒊𝒔 𝒑𝒓𝒆𝒔𝒍𝒆𝒚

❛ you ain't no friend of mine ❜

        𝑆𝑇𝐸𝑉𝐸 𝑇𝐻𝑂𝑈𝐺𝐻𝑇 𝐻𝐸 𝑊𝑂𝑈𝐿𝐷 be dead before the day he saw Jacqueline at a party. Not only did most people in Hawkins hate her, was disgusted by her for no reason, or wanted nothing to do with her. He never thought she'd be at a party. But everyone wanted Billy there and he wouldn't go if Jacqueline couldn't. Every girl in that high school wanted Billy, but the resident freak had him.

Steve had seen her dancing with Billy or doing shots. Whoever that person was with Billy, it wasn't Jacqueline. Steve tried to ignore those two all night and focus solely on Nancy, which was a little difficult, but it was proving to be bittersweet that Nancy was acting out so much. Looking after her was practically a part time job.

In a matter of only a few hours, Steve had been to hell and back. Nearing the end of the party, or at least his patience for it, Steve walked right out the front door. Jacqueline was already sitting on the front porch since there was just too much noise-- her sensitive hearing was really struggling.

Jacqueline had seen Steve rush out of the house, which concerned her a little. "Steve?"

Jacqueline stood up, seeing as how Steve had ignored her and continued to head to his car. "Angel Face!"

That was when Steve stopped. He was out on the street already by his car, so Jacqueline had to hurry over to him. He sighed and didn't bother turning around, not wanting his friend to see him like this. "I'm not in the mood, Jacqueline."

"What's wrong?"

"I said I'm not in the mood." Steve went to leave again, but Jacqueline grabbed his hand. He was forced to turn around, but his gaze remained on the ground between them She wanted to make sure her friend was okay, but Steve desperately didn't want to seem this vulnerable in front of her. Jacqueline didn't care. She'd never judge his emotions. "Would you please talk to me, Steve? I want to help you."

Steve was still looking down at the ground. Jacqueline, who was still holding his hand, moved her own hand underneath his and lifted it. She knew he had been drinking a little, and she had as well, but she only had two shots-- Jacqueline didn't know how many Steve had, so she was trying to be safe. She took his car keys from him and looked back up at the boy, who's gaze hadn't moved from the concrete below.