𝟗. ❙𝐧𝐞𝐰 𝐛𝐞𝐠𝐢𝐧𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬

❛ 𝑪𝑰𝑹𝑪𝑼𝑺 𝑭𝑹𝑬𝑨𝑲 ❜
════════◅∘≼≽∘▻════════
•☼.⭒✻❙ 𝐍𝐄𝐖 𝐁𝐄𝐆𝐈𝐍𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐆𝐒 ❙✻⭒.☼•

❝ 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐠𝐨 𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐢𝐧 𝐩𝐮𝐛𝐥𝐢𝐜 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐦𝐞? ❞

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

𝑻𝑯𝑰𝑺 𝑾𝑰𝑳𝑳 𝑩𝑬 𝑶𝑼𝑹 𝒀𝑬𝑨𝑹
𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒛𝒐𝒎𝒃𝒊𝒆𝒔

❛ the warmth of your love's like the warmth from the sun ❜

        𝐼𝑇 𝐻𝐴𝑆 𝑇𝐴𝐾𝐸𝑁 𝑆𝑇𝐸𝑉𝐸 far too long to realize that the truest friend he could have in his life was right next door. For years, he was far too fixated on popularity and status within high school, so he ignored the fact that Jacqueline was perfect for him. Not only did she genuinely care for someone she barely knows, but she sees Steve rather than The Pretty Boy, Steve Harrington.

To Jacqueline, he is simply Steve.

Apparently, it took Steve getting into a fist fight with one of his closest friends to realize this truth. Sad to say, Steve did not win. His lip was cut, his eyebrow too. He sported a black eye that matches a small bruise on his jaw. He was not living up to his title as pretty.

Nonetheless, after his shocking revelation that the only person he truly wanted to be friends with was next door, he decided to make the most of it. Once Steve had arrived home, he walked next door to the Rayne home in hopes to find the girl who had only been home a little while. After seeing her in such a state, Steve didn't blame her for not wanting to leave the house.

Steve had knocked on the Rayne door, where luckily, Jacqueline had opened the door. He immediately admired her, unintentionally. Her green patterned sweater with bandages scattered all around. Both her hands were wrapped in medical tape while she had a bandage on her neck, non visible ones up her arms and legs, while the cuts on her face had barely healed. She and Steve matched cuts on their lips. "Hey."

"You're at my door." Jacqueline pointed out, more so stating the obvious so that she could actually comprehend that someone as popular and well liked as Steve Harrington was actually at her door, going out of his way to see her and not simply running into her.

"Great observation skills." Steve taunted with sarcasm, but Jacqueline was still in a state of confusion and disbelief. "Why are you at my door?"

"I wanted to know if you wanted to hang out." Jacqueline stood completely still, one could mistake her for a statue. Her lips slightly parted and her eyes dead set on Steve's. It was taking all of her brain power to determine if this was a trick or not. She and Steve have spoken for hours outside, but that's on coincidence. They aren't friends, they aren't even acquaintances. Jacqueline is the girl next door that Steve has always been ashamed to admit he likes.