01. Sleeping Beauty

Who is there to know

There's a swelling of the sea.

A pit of darkness in the lowest depths of my soul.

The land of oblivion.

I am concerned within my heart even though I do not speak.

I feel pain within me as I lay here drowsed with sleep.

There's a burning anger deep inside.

That swells like the ocean on the morning tide.

It comes crashing down

Wave after wave.

As I begin to waken from my darkened sleep,

I need to find a peaceful refuge,

Cradled in a lasting peace.

Who is there to know?

A sigh escaped my lips as I closed the worn, leather-back journal and replaced the cap on my pen. My hands were marred with ink-stains from smearing the pages. I could feel the damp ground soaking through my old, faded jeans. The wind whistled through the trees, causing my hair to whip against my face. I closed my eyes briefly, relishing in the feel of the breeze against my skin. I had missed this.

The muggy heat of Florida had been horrendous, which is where they had sent me for the summer to stay with my great-aunt, Pat. My grandmother thought it would do me some good to get away from here for a while- to escape from the memories. It didn't work, of course. Everything reminded me of him.

"I miss you," I whispered hoarsely as my fingertips trailed across his tombstone. I traced each letter of his name with care.

Grayson Cole Evans

The love of my life who was taken from this world far too soon. If only they had listened. I lifted the hood of my hoodie over my head and laid down on my side, pressing myself against the damp earth and wishing it would swallow me whole. My eyes fluttered shut as I remembered the feel of his arms wrapped around me.

||3rd P.O.V||

||The Cullen's||

"That's the last of it," Emmett stated as he brushed the dust off his hands.

The family had finished loading up the furniture into their new home in record time. Esme started sorting through the boxes with inhuman speed, prattling about as she does. Alice dropped to her knees and started digging through a small box, appearing to be concentrating on its random contents.