13. Dreams

|

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

|

|Edward's P.O.V||

My chest felt heavy as I dropped the bear's carcass to the ground. My family and I had left Gray Thursday night and have been hunting ever since. For some reason, I was anxious. I was a bundle of nerves, and it was only getting worse the longer I was away from home. We had been gone for a total of twenty-two hours and I wasn't sure how much longer I could take.

Thankfully, Carlisle had picked up a shift at the hospital, so he and Esme were fixing to cut their trip short and head back, and I was going to return home with them.

"Is there any reason in particular why you're so on edge?" Jasper asked as he approached me.

Emmett swung down from a tree, mimicking a monkey, landing in front of me with a boyish grin. "Yeah, Eddy boy. Is there any reason in particular why you're so eager to return home? Does it have anything to do with a certain someone?"

I glared at the both of them, growing angry at what they were insinuating. "I have no idea what you're talking about."

Emmett's smile only grew. Jasper looked between us with curious eyes.

"Sure, ya don't," Emmett teased, wagging his eyebrows suggestively. Edward and Lynna sitting in a tree.... He sang in his thoughts.

My anger grew in response. Jasper's eyes widened as he felt the rage rolling off of me.

"I can't stand Lynna Holloway," I told him with a deadly stare.

Emmett let out a booming laugh. "She can't stand you either. Or at least that's what you tell yourselves."

I felt myself scowl. He was testing my patience. "You know nothing," I sneered.

The goofy fool pursed his lips as his thoughts suddenly became guarded, which was very unlike him.

"Eh, I heard she was going to go out with that Tyler guy anyway." He flashed me a smug smile.

My eyes widened. My chest felt tight as pure rage flooded through me. "Yeah, right," I mumbled bitterly, narrowing my eyes at the brute.

Jasper quirked a brow at me and bit back a smile while Emmett's smile only grew.

"Seriously, bro. They make a pretty cute couple, don't you think?" He asked, his smile transforming into a smirk before my very eyes.

I clenched my fists. She wouldn't go out with Tyler. No way.

"He was Grayson's best friend. Lynna wouldn't do that," I stated firmly, knowing full well that he was just trying to get under my skin; he wasn't as good at guarding his thoughts as the others.

Emmett's brows flew up his forehead. "Dude, he cheated on her. All bets are off. Tyler is fair game now."

My eyes flashed with anger. She wouldn't do that!