03. Freaky Weirdness

||Lynna's P.O.V||

"How's your day going so far?" My younger brother, Dustin, asked while dribbling a basketball.

I grabbed a basketball and started dribbling alongside him. I had gym for second period, which I was actually grateful for. Being active got my mind off of everything else. I shrugged nonchalantly.

"It's great," I lied through my teeth.

Aside from sitting beside an unbelievably attractive guy in History that hates my guts for an unknown reason. Oh, and aside from Tyler Caldwell showing a newfound interest in me. Yeah, everything's great.

"You know I can tell when you're lying," he said with a small smile as he threw the ball into the hoop.

It made a satisfying swish as it fell through the basket. I gave him a reassuring smile.

"Just gotta get into the swing of things, is all," I told him.

He nodded in understanding. I watched as his eyes widened and his mouth fell open. The ball fell from his hands and rolled along the floor.

"Who are they?" He asked with bright eyes.

I followed his gaze and saw Alice walking into the gym with a tall, beautiful blonde girl. Her skin was like porcelain, same as Alice's, and she had the same golden eyes. She looked like a model that had stepped straight out of a magazine.

"The little one is Alice. I'm not sure who the blonde one is though," I told him.

"Wow," was all he said as he chased after the runaway ball.

Alice met my eyes and gave me a quick wave, followed by a friendly smile which I returned. The beautiful blonde standing next to her wore a blank expression as she looked at me.

I was distracted by a light tap on my shoulder. I spun around and was met with a clearly annoyed Noah.

Why did you give up your seat for that girl? He asked me with a frown.

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Alice and the unknown blonde take a seat on the bleachers nearest to us.

Relax. You two are going to get along great. I assured him with a smile.

His frown deepened. Is it because you wanted to sit next to that guy?

My jaw went slack. "You mean, Edward?!" I spoke aloud before signing, Absolutely not. He's a huge jerk.

Noah gave me a disbelieving look. I sighed.

Trust me, okay? Paige is wonderful, I told him with a gentle smile. Give her a chance.

He furrowed his brows. Do you know her?

I shook my head. No. But I will. And so will you.