16. When Pigs Fly

(Lynna's P

(Lynna's P.O.V)

"Lynna!" The sound of my name caused me to pause mid-step as I walked through the school's parking lot.

Brittany Hoyle approached me with blushing cheeks. She was a cheerleader and had always been pretty good friends with Ashley. I hardly ever spoke to the girl, so I was at a loss as to why she was approaching me. She ran a hand through her short, dark hair and grinned.

"Yes?" I asked, unsure what she was up to.

She wringed her hands nervously. "I, um. I was needing to ask you for a favor."

I felt my brows furrow. What sort of favor could she possibly need from me?

"What sort of favor?" I wondered.

Her hazel eyes brightened. "Well, um. I know you're friends with Edward Cullen and-"

I cut her off mid-sentence. "We're not friends."

She blinked rapidly, her dark brows knitting together in confusion. "Really? Well, you're the only person I ever see him talking to, so..." She trailed off as she stared at the ground, pausing before she continued, "So, are you two like together?"

My cheeks heated up immediately. "No!"

She seemed to breathe a sigh of relief as her eyes met mine. "Okay, good. Well, um. Could you ask him something for me then?"

My eyes widened. I clutched at the strap of my bag anxiously. "I, uh. I'm probably not the best person to ask him anything," I admitted to her.

She pressed her lips into a thin line. "Well, could you ask him anyway? Please?"

I found myself nodding. Why not?

"Sure, I guess. What do you want me to ask him?" I tilted my head to the side, awaiting her answer.

A sheepish smile sprung to her lips. "Will you ask him to the dance for me?"

My eyes threatened to bulge from their sockets. I felt my mouth go dry and a lump form in my throat.

"You want.. me.. to ask him to the dance for you?" I asked, dumbfounded.

She breathed out a laugh. "I mean, yeah. That's literally what I just said."

I felt my face scrunch up at the thought. "If I ask, he will definitely say no. Just to spite me."

She rolled her eyes and folded her arms across her chest. "You just want him for yourself, don't you?"

My jaw hit the ground. I was aghast. "What?! No!"

A smug smile flitted to her lips. "Then, will you ask?"

"Why don't you just ask him yourself?" I asked her, not even bothering to hide the bitterness in my voice.

"Because he's... intimidating," she admitted, her smile pulling into a frown.