09. Jekyll and Hyde

||Lynna's P

||Lynna's P.O.V||

Noah kept giving me the side-eye as we did our stretches in gym.

What? I asked him, knowing something was on his mind.

He shook his head and smiled. Nothing at all.

Alice, who was doing her stretches right beside me, eyed the two of us curiously. Paige looked at us with a forlorn expression. Noah glanced my way again and smirked. I was seriously confused. I tucked my left leg and stretched out my right leg, stretching my arms to the tips of my toes. Noah's shoulders started shaking with silent laughter. I banged my fist on the floor to get his attention. When his eyes met mine, he was still smirking.

What's so funny? I questioned with a quirked brow.

Nothing. You're just... pretty. He flashed me a cheesy grin.

I shook my head and laughed. Alice pursed her lips and smiled.

Is there something on my face? I asked, still laughing.

He shook his head, his smile growing. Just beauty.

I narrowed my eyes at him. Something was up. Paige's eyes dropped to the floor. I locked eyes with her and gave her a small smile.

***

After gym, I was hesitant to get to my next class early, worried that Edward would already be there. My fears were confirmed when I walked into the classroom to see Edward Cullen sitting as still as a statue.

With a deep sigh, I strode over and sat down beside him. His eyes immediately trailed my way, but I dodged all eye contact. Just as he had predicted, it started to rain. It was a slight drizzle that quickly turned in to a full-blown storm. I jumped in my seat when I heard the booming sound of thunder as lightning streaked across the sky.

"It's okay," Edward's soothing voice washed over me.

My head whirled in his direction, surprised by his soft tone. I felt my eyes widen as I took in the expression on his face. He was... smiling at me?! The faintest of smiles played on his lips like a whisper in the wind. It was faint but sincere. My brows knitted in confusion. Why was he trying to comfort me?

Thunder boomed again, causing me to jump once more. My heart started racing. The sound of thunder always made me feel uneasy. My mind automatically flitted to Grayson. He never failed to comfort me during a storm. His arms wrapped around me always made me feel safe.

"Hey," he breathed out, causing me to lock eyes with his. Another faint smile flew to his lips before he spoke again, "It's okay."

A bewildered look took over my face, but I felt myself instantly relax at his words which only added to my confusion.