The Hunt

Y/N and Miguel have been swinging through the city for hours with no sign of Lizard

Y/N: "Hey, wanna take a break? We've been at it for hours and-"

Miguel: "We don't stop until we catch the anomaly. You said you wanted to help. Then shut up and keep swinging"

Miguel swings ahead and leaves Y/N to put on an irritated face

Y/N: "And I thought Vision was a stick in the mud"

Y/N catches up with Miguel

Y/N: "So, wanna tell me what canon events are?"

Miguel sighs

Miguel: "Listen up because I'm only going to explain this once"

Y/N gives an O-K sign as he smiles, causing his lenses to squint in response

Miguel: "The multiverse is a vast and intricate concept. And in that concept, there are connections that bind us all. Every Spider-Man in the multiverse, connected by events that happen in each one of our stories"

Y/N: "I'm guessing those are the canon events"

Miguel nods and continues

Miguel: "The canon events must happen within every spider story, hence why they have the word, "canon" in them; or else, all of reality as we know it will fall apart"

Y/N: "Woah... and I thought time traveling was touchy stuff"

They keep swinging when Y/N comes up with a concern

Y/N: "Wait, if anomalies mess up canon events, and you staying here with lizard breath is an anomaly, then why hasn't my world gone all out of whack?"

Miguel: "As I said before, the multiverse is an intricate concept. There is no telling how long it would take for this universe to unravel if I stay in it for too long"

Y/N cups his chin and raises an eyebrow

Y/N: "Are you sure about all this? I mean, if I was able to be in my buddy Miles's dimension for a few days without major problems, then I think there are some flaws to your theory-"

Miguel: "Land"

Miguel stops swinging and lands on a rooftop. Y/N listens to his order and drops down with him

Miguel: "He is different"

Y/N: "Different? What's so different about him that-"

Miguel: "I don't need to tell you everything. You're just here to help me get that anomaly so your world doesn't fall apart"

Y/N clenches his fists but calms down

Y/N: "Look, I get it. We've just met each other, and you don't fully trust me yet"

Miguel: "I know all I need to know about you. Y/N L/N, Spider-Phantom of Earth-FA/N for the past three years and ten months

Y/N: "Almost eleven months actually..."

Y/N whispers under his breath

Miguel: "You've gone up against a variety of foes, from the Mad Titan to a guy riding around in a hamster wheel"

Y/N snorts upon remembering the foe

Miguel: "You're a part of this earth's Avengers and have worked alongside the X-Men and Fantastic Four on multiple occasions"

Y/N: "Ah, Wolvie. Should send him a gift sometime. Probably some deodorant for that horrible smell"

Miguel: "So I'm well informed about you"