Chapter 5: News

When I wake the next morning, curled up in Colin's bed, rather sore from yesterday's activities I can feel the biggest smile curving my lips. I slowly stir grimacing a little at the light that is pouring in from the large windows.

"Morning."

I groan a little as I pull the covers over my head "can you get blinds for this room? As a sort of engagement present?"

Colin laughs deeply curling up against my side, I feel him press a kiss against my shoulder through the blankets. "I suppose that could be arranged."

I smile a little as I pull the blankets down and turn my gaze to him. He is gazing down at me, propped up by his elbow, his face is split into that handsome smile. I smile as he leans down and presses an affectionate kiss to my lips.

I slowly sit up a little in the bed when he pulls away. Glancing towards the bottom of the bed I nod towards his laptop. "What are you working on?"

Colin shrugs glancing at his laptop "I have quite a bit of work to catch up on. I have not been particularly productive this week."

I frown a little glancing at him "that's not going to get you in trouble, is it?"

Colin laughs a little glancing at me "no. Who is going to reprimand me? I don't have a boss."

I laugh a little and shrug "I've heard Miss Duncan can be ruthless when she is crossed."

Colin smirks in amusement "yes she can be but not towards me."

I smile glancing at the alarm clock on the nightstand. "I should get dressed and ready for work."

"Do you want to carpool?" Colin asks.

I hesitate for a moment before slowly nodding, I said yes to being his wife, I'm going to have to get used to the rumours and the sideways glances eventually. "Sure, I won't be long."

Colin nods.

I pause a moment in the doorway to his bedroom "uh... is it possible for Reese to pick up some clothes from my apartment?"

Colin nods "course. What would you like him to grab?"

"A pencil skirt and that green blouse," I say instantly.

Colin nods "will Miss MacWan be there?"

I nod.

Colin grabs his phone and sends off the text. "It'll be waiting for you when you get out of the shower."

"Thanks, babe," I say with a smile before heading down to the bathroom on the main floor. Stepping in I gaze around, it is just the way I left it. Except for the fresh towels, the brand-new toothbrush, toothpaste, mouthwash and all the other bathroom essentials, brand new and in the packaging as though waiting for the next owner of the bathroom. I frown a little. Stripping out of Colin's shirt I step into the shower, letting the warm water race over me. It feels so good to be back with Colin, back at his house, back in the first place I felt at home since my mother passed away.

I sigh peacefully as I step out of the shower, dry off and wrap it around my body. I brush my teeth before stepping into the bedroom next door. The room is the same, exactly the way I left it. Like no one had even stepped foot into this room since I left.

I do my hair and finish up getting ready before I step out and return to Colin's room.

Colin looks up from his laptop when I step into the room and smiles "Reese left the clothes on the chair for you."

I smile stepping in, I lock the door. "Thanks." I untuck the towel and let it fall to the floor. I grin teasingly as I hear a pained growl from the bed.