Chapter 29: Remorse

~Colin's POV~

I finish pulling my t-shirt on before I step out of the closet, smiling a little, stepping up behind Emery I wrap my arms around her, pulling her back against my chest. I press my lips against her skin. My hand moves over her growing baby bump, and I smile when her hand moves over mine, her head tilting a little in response to my kiss.

"Are you ready?" I ask gently against her ear.

"Are you?" Emery asks with a warm smile. She runs her hand through my hair. "Three more days."

"I can't tell you how happy that makes me," I murmur, nipping her ear. "Three more days and you will be Mrs Corrette."

Emery smiles as she turns to me, wrapping her arms around my neck. "Well, Mr Corrette we probably shouldn't keep Harry waiting."

I smile cupping my hand to her cheek "come on."

I follow Emery down the stairs, the car is waiting outside, and Reese stands beside it, like always. It is already loaded with our luggage. When we approach Reese pulls open the door for Emery.

"Miss Palmer."

I smile a little at the thought that this is one of the last times that Reese will ever refer to Emery as 'Miss Palmer'. The next time we are at our house she will officially be Mrs Emery Corrette, and I couldn't be happier. The house is truly ours now. Emery really took the make yourself at home and change the decorations to heart. The plain gray kitchen towels that where a staple have changed to ones that are covered in floral and pastel colours. Ones with iconic symbols of summer like ice cream and different insects. She bought a few more for fall and more for winter and another set for Spring. Her orders for London are to swap them out as the seasons change. She says she plans on buying some for each holiday too. Guess my stance on decorating for holidays being a waste of money is going to have to change. She's added fruit bowls and knickknacks to help bring personality into the house.

The grey kitchen mats have been replaced with ones of more colour. She's even changed the kitchen utensils from black to pastel blue. Colour has spread through the entirety of the house really, the only room left in the house that sports the same gray palette that I used is my office.

Colourful area rugs, and curtains, adding colourful art to my black and white collection. She's bought plants and between her and London all of them are growing happily in our home. The cactus she bought me for my desk however somehow managed to die. She says it's because there was no light in the room, I believe it's because I have a rather black thumb.

The house is still clean and tidy, but it's fuller. In a way it feels more cluttered but in a good way. Every shelf and surface of the house has more on it now. They used to just sport the essentials. The main bathroom for example had extra towels and Frebreeze, now it has trinkets, little smelly sticks and pots with fake plants. Turns out that to turn a house into a home all you need is a bit of life and colour.

Pictures have started to fill the house, one of Emery and I sit next to my side of the bed. One of Emery's mother hangs in the stairwell. It's a nice change having so much... life in the house. Candles sit on practically every surface. Dish and hand soap are no longer in their store-bought containers but in fancy soap dispensers. Plaques and cursive signs hung throughout the house.

I get into the car beside Emery, eager to head to the tarmac and get on the plane to my wedding.

It has been over six weeks since everything went down with Anderson. After I was released from the hospital it was an interesting road to recovery. When I was recovering from an injury as a child, I didn't really have anyone keeping track of how I was doing. My father only cared if I was well enough to start helping him again and generally, I didn't really get a choice. He expected that I was always ready. My sister cared but she was a child, it was easy to convince her that I was better than I generally was. But Emery is a lot harder to convince.