Chapter 6: Mine

~Colin's POV~

When I wake in the morning, I cannot keep the smile off my face. I have never been in such a good mood. I feel almost high. It's like nothing can bring me down. Emery is pregnant! There is going to be a baby. Our baby. Her baby. We are going to make a family together and it is going to be the best thing I have done in my life.

When I wake, I find myself tangled in the sheets with Emery, my hand laying possessively on her ass, holding her against me. Now that I have her back, it seems even my unconscious self needs to be next to her at all times. Yes, I still need to take precautions, but for now, my nights have been dreamless, my nightmares seem to be taking a vacation and I would enjoy it. I like sleeping next to Emery, feeling her warmth at my side, being able to wake up, turn over and nuzzle her hair and neck affectionately.

Mine. She is mine.

I am awake early, my usual time for a Saturday. I work out, shower, get dressed, and do an hour of work to burn off a little more time before stores start opening up for the day before I head down to the kitchen. I give Reese, who is grabbing coffee from London a smile in greeting.

"Good morning, Reese, London, beautiful day, isn't it?" I say. I don't actually know if it is or not, but even if it is pouring rain, it is still a good, beautiful day. I take the cup of coffee that London hands me and down it in one go. "Thanks."

I can't help but laugh inwardly at the looks Reese and London share. They seem rather surprised like they aren't sure what to do with my better-than-good mood. I don't think I have ever smiled at them, said 'morning,' 'thanks,' and commented on the weather in one sentence in my life.

"Well, I have a handful of errands to run before Emery wakes up, text me if she wakes before I am back, London," I say. I clap a hand on Reese's shoulder as he sets his coffee down. "Stay here, enjoy a lazy morning. I'll see myself around, I eagerly want to take out the Corvette today. Well, thanks again for the coffee, London. I can grab my jacket, have a great morning."

Turning I head out of the kitchen and only pause when London speaks up, smirking a little in amusement to myself.

"Did he just say, 'good morning' and 'thanks' twice?" I hear London ask. Her voice is a laugh of disbelief.

"She must have told him," Reese says. They must think I hurried off.

I frown a little at my driver's words, my feet now rigid.

"Told him what?" London asks.

I can almost sense Reese turn to her, and his words cause every fibre in my body to burn with rage. Not towards Emery, but towards my driver. "Miss Palmer is pregnant."

I hear London gasp audibly and when she speaks, I can hear the blinding smile of excitement in her voice. "That's amazing! No wonder he is in such a good mood."

I hesitate a moment before deciding to continue to the coat closet instead of turning back around. I grab my leather jacket, before grabbing my keys and sunglasses from the dresser by the door. How long has Reese known? Clearly, he was told before me. Unless Emery happened to see him sometime between when I went to bed at midnight and now. That's unlikely, the woman slept like a rock, once she was asleep, she slept through the night. Not to mention my entire body was curled around hers, possessing it in my sleep, I would have felt her leave the bed, it had taken me long enough to untangle myself from her and the sheets without disturbing her and I had practice.

So, Reese knew before me. He didn't tell me. My jaw tightens with rage, and I can feel my heart racing a little with it. Angry? No, I am livid. That breaks a clear clause in his contract, the biggest one. You tell me everything! I pay Reese a lot of money to be my eyes and ears, to be my security, to be my driver, to be whatever the hell I need at any given moment. I don't charge him rent to stay in this house, I don't even take it out of his paycheck. He lives here for free and eats for free, both he and London do. To me, his loyalty was his payment.