Chapter 18: Plans

~Emery's POV~

Colin is pretty insistent that we stay in the safety of the hotel room for the entirety of Saturday. I use the day to work on some stuff for my project with Ellie and my book. He is seated at the desk working. I think he is keeping in touch with Reese, he occasionally will grab his phone and step into the hallway to have a conversation with him.

I can't help but be annoyed by this. I hate feeling like he is keeping things from me. I know he is trying to keep me from getting stressed, but I am more stressed when I don't know what is going on.

I glance at him as he steps back into the room. "You know I can handle knowing what is going on, right?"

Colin glances at me, he walks back over to the desk and sits back in the chair. He slowly nods "yeah, I know, but I don't want you stressed right now. Stress is not good for you, especially when you are pregnant. I will tell you when it is right."

I nod slowly "does Reese know who this guy is yet?"

He hesitates and slowly shakes his head "he doesn't know much."

I nod. I grab my phone from the charger when it dings and check the message from the unknown number.

Emery, My name is Justin Anderson. I doubt you will know this but I am your father. I want to meet you for lunch. Come alone, I'll be waiting at the diner on 67th street tomorrow from 2-3. Don't tell that boy of yours.

~Your Father

I blink at the message and read it three more times, I frown a little. "Colin? I just got the strangest message."

Colin glances at me from his laptop.

I pass him my phone.

His face darkens and his jaw tightens as he reads the message. He grabs his phone and puts it to his ear. "Reese get up here now," he demands before he hangs up.

I gaze at Colin in surprise and frown "do you know something about this?"

Colin glances at me frowning.

I gaze at him before I get to my feet "that man, the one that has been stalking us. He's my father... isn't he?"

Colin hesitates a moment before he slowly nods. He glances at the door when there is a knock and steps over to answer it. Reese is on the other side, he steps in and Colin shuts the door again.

"He texted her," Colin mutters roughly. He passes Reese my phone. "I want the number tracked, see what you can find out."

Reese nods, "Justin Anderson. He's ballsy to be willing to give up his name."

Colin nods.

I look between the two of them and frown deeply "this stops right now! Keeping things from me. You can't do that. You have been lying to me, how long have you known this guy was my father?"

Colin glances at me "since we went to that wedding dress store."

"Two weeks? You have known it was my father for two weeks!"

Colin gazes at me "what did you want me to tell you, Emery? That the guy who knocked your mother up and disappeared for the rest of your life is back in town. That he is proving to be a crazy and potentially dangerous man?"

"You could have not lied to me," I insist.

"I never lied!" Colin retorts. "If you asked I gave you the answers I could or didn't answer. I never lied."