Chapter 19: Lunch

~Colin's POV~

I gaze into the mirror as I fix my tie, I am wearing my favourite suit. It's dark grey and tailored so it fits me so perfectly, in a way that makes me feel invincible. I have worn it for every important event in my life. The day my office was opened, the day it changed from a simple Publishing company to a massive Enterprise, the day I met my first Sub. Today I wear it to go meet a son of a bitch, to save the girl I love from her dick of a father.

I don't know why my mind keeps flashing back to my childhood, I'm not afraid... I don't get afraid anymore. That emotion was beaten to death thanks to my father. Well... I guess not completely. I keep reminding myself that I am no longer a helpless boy. I am a man with enough connections that I am untouchable. I am a man with years of boxing experience. But I am afraid of something happening and Emery getting caught in the middle. I am afraid of losing her.

"Can I come in?"

"Course."

Emery steps into the bathroom and walks over to grab her toothbrush, she glances at me "are you having second thoughts?"

"No," I say instantly. I place a hand on her back and gently rub it. "It's okay, everything will be alright." I pause a moment before giving her a kiss on the side of her head. "How is the baby today?"

Emery smiles turning her gaze to me in the mirror as she starts brushing her teeth. "He's good."

"If I'm not allowed to only call the baby 'she' then you can't just call her 'he'," I say with a smile.

Emery smiles a little, "well I figured if we both stick to one then we are covered no matter what." Her voice is rather muffled cause of the toothbrush.

I smile a little wrapping my arms around her from behind, I rest my hand against her abdomen giving it a gentle rub. I kiss her neck and breathe her in. I sigh a little when there is a knock on the door.

"Is that Reese?" Emery asks after rinsing her mouth out.

I nod slowly.

Emery sighs a little and turns to me, she touches her hand to my cheek.

I lean down and press a firm kiss to her lips. I feel her hand run through my hair and cup my hand to her cheek. I gently guide her back against the counter and lift her up onto it. My hand gravitates down to her leg to squeeze her thigh. Her legs part and I step between them. When I have wrestled her tongue into submission I pull away gazing into her eyes. "I love you."

Emery smiles warmly "I love you too."

I touch my hand to her stomach again and give it a gentle rub. "Don't leave this hotel room until I am back."

Emery nods "promise."

I kiss her forehead, I help her down from the counter before stepping back and heading over to the door. I pull it open. Reese stands on the other side with his colleague who picked me up the day Reese met Emery. He has dirty blonde hair and stands 6'3, he has rather wide shoulders.

"Emery," I say glancing at her before turning back to the man "this is Nixion, he is a colleague of Reese's. He is going to be standing right outside the door until I'm back."

Emery glances at me then at the man she smiles a little and shakes his hand "nice to meet you."

Nixion returns the smile "likewise."

I glance at Emery "I'll see you soon."

Emery turns to me and kisses my cheek "I love you."

"I love you," I say pressing my lips to hers in a brief kiss. I pull away and gaze into her eyes for a moment before kissing her forehead and heading off through the door. I glance at Nixion as I shut the door.