Chapter 12: Possession

~Emery's POV~

"Miss Palmer?"

I stop outside Colin's office and glance over at Winter Lynch as she steps off the elevator. "Hey. Is Colin in?"

Winter gazes at me in surprise before she shakes her head "no, ma'am. He is taking the day off."

I frown a little gazing at her "no. He can't be. He said he would be here at work."

Winter frowns a little "you can check his office, but he said he had something to do today."

"When?"

"This morning. Eight-ish."

I frown turning to the door I key it open with the fob Colin gave me before I push open the door. I frown deeper, looking around, he's definitely not in there. I glance at Winter "can you call him? Ask him where he is?"

Winter nods slowly "have you tried his cell?"

I nod. "Yeah. It's not like him not to answer."

Winter nods "I'll get in touch with him, ma'am."

I nod slowly before heading back to the elevator. Why am I worried? What could he have gotten himself caught up in? Maybe he is working at home. Maybe he is in some meeting that Winter forgot about, and his phone is silenced. Or maybe he felt so betrayed by the things I had written in my journal that he disappeared. He is the one who broke my trust! He wasn't supposed to read that. He said he wouldn't. How much did he read anyways?

What if he is out fucking some girl, could he be at Hard Metal? No, no Colin is not a cheater.

I step out of the main doors looking up and down the street frowning softly.

"Miss Palmer?"

I jump a little glancing at Reese, he is leaning against the side of the car. "Reese? Where is Colin? Have you heard from him?"

Reese gazes at me with a small frown.

I frown deeper "do you know where he is?"

"Yes, ma'am."

Course Reese knows where Colin is. It was probably a waste of a question. He always knows where Colin is, that's his job. "Where is he?" 

Reese hesitates, a tight frown across his face.

"Reese... is he... is he with a girl?"

Reese blinks before instantly shaking his head "no. No ma'am. Well..." he sighs and nods to the bar across the street. "He and Mrs Hendricks are taking a day, ma'am."

I frown a little glancing over at the bar before turning to Reese. I quickly start towards the intersection.

"Miss Palmer," Reese murmurs walking beside me.

"I am just going to go see him, ask him why he is ignoring my calls," I mutter. I glance at Reese as I reach the door. "Stop me if you want but I will fight back." I step into the bar.

"Ma'am can I see some ID?" the bouncer asks with a small frown.

I glance at him "I am not here to buy anything. I just need to drag my guy out of here."

The bouncer hesitates before he nods "alright."

When the bouncer turns away, I let my gaze wander over the place. It's dark in here but it's not overly crowded. It doesn't take long before I notice Colin, he is standing at the bar, a bottle of scotch in his hand. Next to him, Joyce is seated on a barstool, her face flushed.

Colin is glaring coldly at the guy next to him. It looks as though he snarls something to the man before he sets the bottle of scotch on the counter and balls his hands into fists. I frown watching as Joyce mutters something in his ear.