Son Of Luck

The bell rang and all the students headed towards their classrooms. Xue Rui followed others and found her classroom. The moment she entered the noise slowed down and many students looked at her in amazement.

"Our class already has a pretty boy, now another beautiful girl is here! Oh!"

Who knows who spoke but the words reached everyone's ears and they all started a heated discussion. Xue Rui was stunned for a moment. In her previous life, she didn’t get to attend high school because of her poor health and was homeschooled. So, she was introverted and shy easily.

Xue Rui felt her face heat up and found a seat to sit down. She looked around and met a pair of eyes. The boy had blueish-pink hair and looked very pretty. Of course, there's a difference between handsome and pretty. But if one had to describe that boy, one would choose pretty instead of handsome.

He didn’t have a manly charm but a neutral aura.

Xue Rui found another boy beside him. He had wheat complexion and black hair. But his eyes were very beautiful blue. As if the whole universe was in them.

In an instant, Xue Rui knew who these two were.

Wang Dong and Huo Yuhao.

Huo Yuhao was the son of luck in this era.

She quietly turned her head away and thought, "Do I have to follow their storyline? But the peerless Tang sect era is full of evil soul masters. Following their footsteps might be the safest, after all, I don’t remember the full story."

The seat beside her was empty. No one heard what she muttered.

The sound of heels hitting the floor was heard suddenly. The sound made one feel the person was very confident.

An old lady appeared in front of the classroom. Even though the old woman was very old, her back was ramrod straight as she walked towards the speaking platform. There was no doubt about it; she was definitely the teacher of this freshman class.

When they saw the teacher enter, the previously disorderly class immediately quieted down, and their gazes all gathered on the speaking platform.

The old woman’s gaze calmly swept across the crowd from left to right, immediately causing everyone to feel her gaze raking over them, which in turn caused a formless pressure to appear in their hearts.

“I am Zhou Yi, and I am the teacher in charge of your class. I’m not sure how many of you will be able to keep up with me for the following year, but I have to tell you something: in my class, trash can’t pass my assessments. I want to cultivate monsters, not idiots.”

A flash of memories suddenly appeared in Xue Rui's mind. She pursed her lips as she looked at the woman. She remembered what people commented on her character.

Zhou Yi was very domineering. She had a huge temper and was extremely strict. She valued those who were hard-working, even if they lacked talent and she looked down on those who lied, cheated, and had poor character.

So Xue Rui didn’t dare to offend her.

But other students were very displeased. No one here was trash. Or else they wouldn’t be able to attend Shrek Academy. So they also had their pride and arrogance.

"Those who’ve gotten into a fight during these past few days of enrollment, stand up.” Zhou Yi’s following sentence stunned the entire class once again.

They’d just been enrolled, who would have the free time to start a fight in the academy? Even if they had fought, who’d admit to it?

As the entire class remained silent, only Huo Yuhao stood up. After all, this Teacher Zhou wasn’t a person who’d play her cards according to common sense. I have to say, Huo Yuhao was right. Xue Rui thought.

Seeing Huo Yuhao stand up, Wang Dong let out a ‘humph’. Not willing to be outdone, he also stood up.

Of the entire class of a hundred students, only two had stood up.

“Only two?” Zhou Yi raised her eyebrows. “Truly a group of trash. Don’t tell me you didn’t know that not daring to provoke others is a sign of mediocrity. Other than these two, everyone else, go outside! Run a hundred laps around Shrek Plaza. Anyone who can’t finish these one hundred laps will be directly expelled.”

Once she spoke, the whole class flew into an uproar. This was only their first day of school, and class hadn’t even begun yet. Who could accept the fact that they were actually being punished for not fighting?

One of the students immediately stood up. “Teacher, I refuse to accept this. Why do we have to be punished for not fighting?”

Zhou Yi indifferently replied, “Because I said so. If you’re not willing to accept this, you can screw it off. As a teacher, I have the authority to expel any student I want. I’ll give you one minute. If I don’t see all of you running around Shrek Plaza within that minute, all of you will be expelled.”

Xue Rui scolded the old lady in her heart and stood up to go outside and started running. Didn’t see that behind her, Zhou Yi had already shown her the soul rings of a soul emperor. And others dejectedly walked out to run.

“I’ll give you a reminder: you only have two hours. After two hours, the people who haven’t finished the hundred laps will be considered to be unqualified. This is your first test after entering the academy, and those unqualified will be expelled.”

When they heard her words, the students’ movements immediately sped up. But after fifteen minutes, Huo Yuhao and Wang Dong also started running.  After they had joined the ‘great army’ of running, many sounds of schadenfreude immediately echoed out.

Time quickly passed. As the number of completed laps increased, the breathing of the running students gradually became rougher. The physical fitness and cultivation level of the students was revealed at this moment. Zhou Yi had never said that they were prohibited from using the assistance of soul power, so everyone had started using soul power.

Xue Rui didn’t feel tired after fifty laps but her movement slowed down a little. She started to use her soul power to enhance her strength. Many of the students used soul power from the beginning but they were running out of their soul power at the moment.

Wang Dong had the most relaxed expression as he ran. But he was still two laps behind her. If we compare their soul powers, Xue Rui naturally had the advantage. But Xue Rui decided to run at a consistent speed while Wang Dong tried to compete with others.

More than half of the total time had already passed when Zhou Yi’s voice suddenly echoed out in everyone’s ears, “Speed up and use my location as the finishing point.”

In the middle of her speech, Wang Dong swept past her with a “swoosh”, becoming the first person to complete a hundred laps.

Xue Rui was second as she didn’t use her full strength.

One by one everyone completed the hundred laps. But Huo Yuhao was the last person. Wang Dong helped him complete the remaining laps.

The moment Wang Dong showed his radiant butterfly goddess martial soul, Xue Rui was awed. This martial soul was really beautiful.

Next, a total of nine students were called out by Zhou Yi. She eliminated them on the spot because of their cheating and told them to pack up and leave in a not-so-gentle way.

“Go back to the dorms and change your clothes. After that, come back to the classroom for class. I’ll give you fifteen minutes.” As soon as she’d finished speaking, Zhou Yi turned around and headed back towards the classroom.

Xue Rui and others immediately ran off.