Ma Xiaotao

After leaving the classroom it was break time. The three of them talked while walking.

Xue Rui felt that she shouldn’t be too quiet in a group discussion and cooperate with others to make plans. So she proposed, "How about we go and practice and get familiar with each other's soul skills? We can also work on our tacit understanding."

Huo Yuhao was about to agree. But Wang Dong rolled his eyes. "Ay— what's wrong with you guys? All you know is to practice and practice! I don't care I want to eat fish fry right now! Huo Yuhao to start working! "

"But the competition is just the day after. Shouldn’t we start preparing early? As the saying goes, the clumsy bird leaves early to reach the forest first."

After three months of bitter cultivation, Huo Yuhao was no longer inferior to anyone of the same age as him.

Although Xue Rui snatched one of his opportunities, he still got two pills of the lower grade. He was very diligent and hard working and so it made sense why he was improving so fast.  However, the fact that he’d stepped onto the right path rather late was undeniable. It wasn’t very likely that he’d catch up to Wang Dong and her. Hence, he could only choose to improve alongside them. Xue Rui appreciates him for that.

The flow of people at the academy’s entrance had clearly been reduced. Perhaps it was due to the upcoming freshman assessment, but a majority of the freshmen felt a sense of urgency, causing them to bitterly cultivate inside of their dorm rooms.

However, Huo Yuhao’s business wasn’t affected by this at all. When they arrived, a queue had already formed, with the person in front being, amazingly, Xu Sanshi.

“Ding—” Xu Sanshi handed Huo Yuhao a silver soul coin and said, “No need to hand me any change; just make sure to give me a big fish.” After tossing he glanced at Xue Rui at the back and greeted familiarly, “Junior sister Xue is here!”

Huo Yuhao chuckled and replied, “Big brother Xu, nothing can stop you, can it?”
Xue Rui just nodded as a greeting.

The previous rift between them had already closed. After beginning to see each other every day, they’d long become familiar with each other. After he became familiar with him, Xue Rui found out that even though he had a bit of a violent temper and a fiery disposition, he was still extremely sincere with his friendships.

Xu Sanshi laughed mischievously. “Who was the one that made me like what you roast? If I don’t at least get a bite of this every night, my dinner won’t taste delicious at all. I’ve eaten many roasted fish in the past, but not a single person was able to control the fire as well as you do. Even Jiang Nannan has praised your roasting technique. Right, I’ve heard that the freshman assessment is about to start?”

Huo Yuhao nodded his head a few times and replied, “Yeah!”

Wang Dong at the side didn’t mind being left out as his sole focus was on the fish that was ready to be fried. Huo Yuhao also started concentrating on his work.

Xu Sanshi found them busy and started looking at Xue Rui with a gossipy expression as if he discovered a huge secret of hers. Seeing his weird expressions, Xue Rui felt goosebumps.

“What?”

“That- Junior sister, how do you know Xie Siran?”

Xue Rui twitched the corner of her lips and answered him, “Accidentally.”

Xu Sanshi didn’t believe her and wanted to dig up more gossip from her.  But at this time a voice called his name.

“Little Xu.” At this moment, a crisp voice suddenly rang out. When Xu Sanshi heard this voice, he immediately began to shiver. Xue Rui even saw a few hints of fear, but even more than that, helplessness, appeared within his eyes.