Vacation

During the past eight months, all Xue Rui did, was practice fighting, study in the library, attend class, eat, cultivate, sleep, and repeat.

Xue Rui had just passed her thirteenth birthday and was now a little taller than when she’d entered the academy.

As one of the core students of this year, the top-ranked food that she’d received from the Martial Soul Department had provided him with more than enough nutrients. Combined with six months of devil training from Xie Siran and an enormous activity level every day, Xue Rui's body has finally adapted for close combat and quick reaction to minimize battle injury.

Two months ago, Xie Siran got busy with his first mission as a glorious Shrek Protector and went out to execute it early. Before departing he specifically told her about his delay as he would get his fifth soul ring in this journey.

Yes, Xie Siran, who was at level 48 a year ago had long been stuck in a bottleneck of level 50 for four months, purposefully delaying getting his fifth soul ring.

Who knows what these geniuses think these days?

Xue Rui sincerely voiced her complaints against this type of cultivation talent. She a twin soul master can barely cope with!

After eight months, she finally broke through three levels and became a level 36 soul lord. Extreme Ice really slowed down her cultivation a bit but being a twin soul master can even it out. Not to mention, while helping Senior Sister Ma's evil fire, she got some extra soul power from her. A blessing from a misfortune.

"Okay class, quiet down! I want to announce that this year-end vacation will start tomorrow, it will be a one-month vacation to visit your home. But I must warn you guys, don't slack your cultivation during this time. After all, in one month your grade assessment will begin. Those who fail to get a good grade will not be able to enter the second year." Teacher Zhou simply put out the excitement of the students with those words.

She added, "Those who didn’t get their second soul ring by this time, don’t need to return." She specifically eyed a few students.

Huo Yuhao who had been in level 20 for two months, should be one of them.

"Huo Yuhao, you are really growing fast!" Xue Rui sincerely praised. Wang Dong rolled his eyes, "Hump! Don't be pretentious."

Huo Yuhao smiled and said, "Are you both going home?"

Before Xue Rui could say anything Wang Dong jumped, "Of course! I am already at level 28. When I return I would have already become a soul lord! I will fight with you again."

Xue Rui: I_will_be_the_third_wheel_then. jpg

The next day, everyone started to depart slowly. Wang Dong went to his sect, and Huo Yuhao went to get his second martial soul. Xue Rui on the other hand made up her mind to visit the original body's sect.

She should pray for respect for the deceased on behalf of the original owner. Also, take this rare time to relax her mind.

So before noon, she packed up and headed out to the extreme north, near where her sect was located.

By transport, it'd take more than a month to go from Shrek City to the Extreme North. So she had to fly from time to time and recharge her soul power from the baby bottle that she bought before heading out.

The sect was named The Lin Sect. With no profound meaning, just simply from the surname Lin which means forest. Even the city under its command was also called Lin City.

Compared to the big sects like The Haotian Sect, or the remarkable sects like The Xuanwu Sect, this Lin Sect couldn’t even be called a little-known sect.

The original owner's mother Lin Xi was the sect master of this little sect. She was only a soul king and the only soul king in the sect. But after Xue Rui's dad married her, the clan suddenly added a new soul emperor, Xue Jun.

But that was a turning point for the sect. While Xue Jun contributed wholeheartedly, he always kept his secret as a spirit beast hidden from the sect. As a result, a gang of evil soul masters led by a quasi-soul saint got the news somehow, and overnight the Lin Sect was destroyed.

Lin Xi escorted Xue Rui out of the feud and turned back halfway to join the battle to protect her husband and people. After that Xue Rui only got the news of the sect being destroyed, leaving no one behind.

Xue Rui wanted to visit this place for a long time, but she couldn’t master her courage. After all, the 'Xue Rui' was no more, now she was Xue Rui. How could be face the deceased after occupying this body, not that she had any choice, not that if she hadn’t the 'Xue Rui' wouldn’t have died.

With a lot of mixed feelings, Xue Rui finally entered Lin City. Compared to other cities bustling with crowds and stalls everywhere, Lin City was deserted. Visibly only seven men were walking around. There were no stalls or sales market.

Xue Rui stopped one man, "Uncle, why is this place so deserted? And do you know how to go to the Lin Sect?"

The middle-aged man was surprised at the inquiry of Lin Sect. "Girl, are you from the Lin Sect? Don't you know, the sect got destroyed a year ago. People say that ghosts killed them all. There's no Lin Sect anymore. Naturally, the people of the town moved out."

Common people hardly know much information about soul masters, not to mention evil soul masters. So the remaining survivors only thought of ghosts.

"I was in a soul master academy. I didn’t get any news. Can you tell me the way to go there? I want to check it myself." Xue Rui politely answered while revealing her status as a soul master.

"Soul master? Oh, there’s no more in the town anymore. Good to have you. Good— Oh the road was also destroyed, you might have forgotten the way. I will lead you." The enthusiasm of the uncle skyrocketed after hearing about soul masters.

"No, no need. Just tell me the way. I will go pay respect to the sect." Xue Rui denied the invitation.

After getting the address from that uncle, Xue Rui started walking toward the outermost corner of the city. A sour feeling stuck in her nose. Some emotions of the original owner still remained in this body.

The author has something to say:
Guys~ I am back!