Class Monitor

Zhou Yi had been paying attention to Huo Yuhao the entire time. She'd already been astonished when only two hours had passed. Based on Huo Yuhao's physical strength and soul power, he should've reached his limit at two hours, no matter what the circumstances. However, he'd still managed to persevere. Although running at a constant speed did give some small benefits, his cultivation and physical condition were both right there!

Could a person's willpower be strong to this extent? Furthermore, he was still so young.

Xue Rui had already reached her limits. She had the highest number of laps among all the students present. But Wang Dong seemed to want to compete with her for some reason. Xue Rui didn't want to lose after all Wang Dong's soul power was at level 22, far less than her. How could she, a soul lord admit defeat?

Not to mention, Huo Yuhao, this monster is pushing his limit to the extreme.

A few students collapsed in succession, one of them just happened to bump into Wang Dong, who was next to him.

Wang Dong stumbled, his already aching legs unable to persist any longer. As he fell, his thoughts about persevering also collapsed.

Xue Rui still ran forward. Every step was hard, but she thought if she could push her limits like Huo Yuhao, then she would improve her physical strength. The thing she lacks the most is physical strength and fighting spirit. Maybe staying in a peaceful society on earth for so long, she needed time to adjust.

There were still four people that were still running, one of which was Huo Yuhao.

After five minutes, the other two students also collapsed. The last person still running was actually Huo Yuhao and Xue Rui. At this point, Xue Rui had almost 30 laps extra than Wang Dong. But she felt she could still go on. If Huo Yuhao can push himself this much, she could too.

Although Huo Yuhao's steps were weak, and his running speed wasn't that quick, he still managed to persevere. This caused astonishment to appear on many students' faces when they looked at him. He was the weakest of them all.

After being stunned for a brief moment, Wang Dong was the first to continue running after Huo Yuhao.

With Wang Dong leading, a second, and then a third person gradually began to start following him. Gradually, all of the students from Class 1 clenched their teeth and raised their legs to continue running.

Zhou Yi was moved. Of all the time she'd been teaching, it was extremely rare that she'd be moved by the performances of her students. However this time, she'd truly been moved. This was because of Huo Yuhao, and in turn, was also because of the ninety students who'd climbed back up to follow him. This was no longer a simple exercise that could temper their bodies was a tempering of their minds! Zhou Yi could visibly see their determination within their exhausted facial expressions.

The results of this class were far, far greater than what she'd imagined.

"Ding ring ring-"

The bell that signaled the end of the class finally rang.

It was truly the collapse of a row of dominoes this time. The ear-piercing bell instantly caused a large number of people to collapse.

The sounds of the collision caused by their chainmail and the ground caused a series of sounds to echo out and knocked a cloud of dust into the air.

Huo Yuhao finally collapsed.

Xue Rui also disregarded her image of a girl and simply sat down on the ground and gasped for air. A smile appeared on her face which was rarely seen.

Zhou Yi slowly took a deep breath, then beckoned towards the distance. A white-clothed male arrived as if he was floating on air. He arrived by Zhou Yi's side with what seemed to be a few light steps. After nodding towards her, he turned towards the students.

His dazzling soul rings rose from his feet one by one. There were two yellow ones, two purple ones, and three black ones. He actually had seven soul rings.

Soul Sage! This was actually a Soul Sage-ranked expert, who was above the seventieth rank! He was already approaching the peak of soul masters! Furthermore, he only looked to be around thirty years old. Only, the vicissitudes visible within his eyes didn't match his youthful outer appearance.

He raised his hands, and a gentle shade of green leaf suddenly began to grow from his palms. His seventh soul ring flashed brightly as it revolved around him, but the students were only able to see his body flash once before it unexpectedly disappeared. The green leaf grew wildly, and in the blink of an eye, the leaf unexpectedly turned into an enormous tree that was extremely tall.

A cool breeze seemed to blow past them. Then, dark green leaves began to fly out from the enormous canopy of the enormous tree. Exactly ninety-one leaves landed lightly on the bodies of the students from Class 1; not one more, and not one less.

Every single present felt an incomparably refreshing feeling. The refreshing feeling instantly spread throughout their bodies, and no matter whether it was their aching muscles or the wounds that had been incurred by the chainmail grating against their skin, they were all recovering at an astonishing speed. Furthermore, their physical strength was gradually recovering a drop at a time. Only their soul power was completely empty; it wasn’t left completely unaffected by the dark green leaf.

“This… this is one of the pinnacle existences amongst plant-type martial souls: The Tree of Life! It’s a seventieth-ranked martial soul with a Soul Avatar! Teacher Zhou actually found a plant-type soul master above the seventieth rank to heal us and help us recover.”

Xue Rui looked at the tree and how fast her soul power was recovering and gradually the feeling of reality returned. She finally realized there was no going back.

The dark green light shrouded the area. After releasing ninety-one tree leaves, the enormous tree rapidly shrunk and transformed back into the white-clothed male in the blink of an eye. Afterwards, he nodded at Zhou Yi, who bowed respectfully towards him. That male left in the same way he’d arrived—like a gust of wind. From the start to the end, he hadn’t said a word to Zhou Yi at all.

The students crawled up one after another. Although they were still exhausted, they felt an indescribable pleasure from their bodies breaking through their limits.

Xue Rui stood up after that man left and looked at Zhou Yi.

Zhou Yi gazed at all the students who were slowly crawling up and indifferently said, “I have to say, you all have given me an answer that astonished me quite a bit. Today, nobody will be eliminated.”

“Wang Dong, step forward.”

“Teacher.” Wang Dong took a step forward.

Zhou Yi indifferently said, “As the class monitor of Class 1, you only cared about yourself, you didn’t set a good example for the others. From now on, you’re stripped of your position of class monitor, which will be taken over by Huo Yuhao. Until the next physical class, Huo Yuhao will be the class monitor of Class 1. If anyone wants to challenge him, you’re in charge of accepting them.”

When he heard what she said, Wang Dong was slightly stunned.

Zhou Yi continued in a cold voice, “What? Do you have any problems with this?”

Only then did Wang Dong sober up. He shook his head and said, “I have none. Teacher Zhou, I’m willing to concede.”

Zhou Yi nodded. "Xue Rui, I am very pleased with you today. Your performance is good. But you won't be appointed as the class monitor. You know why?"

Seeing Zhou Yi suddenly looking at her, Xue Rui was stunned. She slowly replied, "Because I don't have much competitiveness and I can't influence others like Huo Yuhao can."

Zhou Yi nodded. "Hope you will do better in the future." She turned around and said, “Disperse. Take your set of chainmail with you. Tomorrow, another teacher will be having a class on theory with you all. I suggest that you meditate well as you digest the improvements and the significance of today’s physical class. My next class will be in the afternoon, the day after next. At that time, I hope that I won’t see any trash.”

“Yes.” The students all simultaneously agreed.

The author has something to say!

I wonder why no one is curious about Xue Rui's martial soul. Hum? What? You guys are not curious?