Three Months

After promising Xie Siran, Xue Rui returned to her dormitory. She started to ponder what to do next. Now that joining Tang sect was not an option anymore, so following the plot would depend on the situation.

But it was undeniable that because of the plot, she earned three top-tier pills. Once she felt the sweetness she was naturally unwilling to let go of the opportunities. At least she should only use the opportunities that might help her.

Xue Rui sighed. She decided to think about these another day. She pulled out the three pills from her soul guide, all of them where emitting nice fragrances.

"Whatever! Let me try the Mysterious Water Pill first." After throwing a pill in her mouth she sat on a lotus position and started meditation.

She felt as if she was immersed within a relaxing pool. The ensuing feeling of relaxation caused her to let out a moan.

Strong fluctuations of soul power were being emitted from Xue Rui's body. It was already nighttime, so the faint blue light that was coming from Xue Rui's body was especially noticeable in the dark.

Xue Rui's skin seemed to be rising and falling slightly. Furthermore, as it rose and fell, a few tiny streams of air were being continuously emitted from her pores. These were the fluctuations of soul power. Furthermore, the faint blue mist surged unceasingly into her pores before surging back out and, following the passing of time, the colour of the mist gradually turned slightly darker. At the same time, the refreshing smell in the air gradually weakened.

The smell emitted by the mist surrounding Xue Rui's body gradually turned from a sweet smell to a fishy smell, and its colour also darkened even more. Following that, Xue Rui's breathing became increasingly calm.

This time around, Xue Rui's sleep was truly relaxing and peaceful. The thing that finally woke her up was because of how sticky she felt. Once her consciousness had returned, she couldn't help but sneeze loudly.

It was still dark outside when she woke up, but Xue Rui quickly discovered that something seemed to be off. She could see every single bit of detail within the room-almost as if her eyes weren't affected by the darkness at all.

Her vision improved a lot. She felt the soul power flowing inside her body was smoother and faster than before.

When she looked downwards, she discovered that her uniform had actually turned pitch-black; the stinky smell that she'd complained about was coming from her uniform. Moreover, a layer of pitch-black filth had also appeared on her skin where the uniform didn't cover it.

Xue Rui was left somewhat speechless as she looked herself over. When she stood up, she noticed that her wooden bed was covered with a dense layer of black filth.

Just what was this?

The power of Mysterious Water Pill?

The smell that was present on both her body and the bed were truly too unpleasant, so she didn't bother to carefully ponder what exactly had happened. She jumped off his bed and immediately ran out of her dorm room, and went directly towards the bathroom located at the end of the corridor.

When she returned, she carefully checked the difference in her body. From her memories, she knew this body's innate soul power was already level 9. So the improvement in soul power wasn't that noticeable, but her soul power's density seemed to be raised.

She found out that her skin had a bright and smooth luster to it. Her three energies-essence, qi, and spiritual energy-were completely different from yesterday. Her body felt more powerful. But her soul power didn't increase. It was still at level 31.