Rose Field & Phoenixes

Xue Rui took back her martial soul.

The chirping bird was flying above her head. Xue Rui looked at the bird closely. It had fiery red feathers, and golden tuff on its head, its eyes were also golden. Its tail feathers were beautiful with many small exquisite patterns. It was so beautiful.

The small bird had fluttered for a few seconds before landing on her head and squatting down to rest.

Xue Rui: "..."

Xue Rui caught the bird from her head and looked at it closely. The bird wasn’t frightened of being caught at all, it kept its cool.

"You are really not afraid of death?" Xue Rui raised one of her eyebrows.

"Chirp!"

"I will take it as a no. Why are you following me for two days?" Xue Rui let the bird go, but the bird stupidly stood on her hand and didn’t move.

"Chirp! Chirp~ chirp—!"

Xue Rui rubbed her eyebrows with her free hand and sighed. What a trouble! "What is it? I can't understand you, you know?"

The bird seemed to be temporarily stunned. As if it realized its mistake, it flew in the air and circled above her head two times. It then flew in the opposite direction and looked back at her. Seeing she didn’t keep up, it chirped again.

"Oh! You want me to follow you?" Xue Rui looked at the bird and the bird chirped. Xue Rui followed it for a few minutes, she found there was a small botanical garden with many types of plants and plant soul beasts. But most of them were docile. There were almost no students here which was strange. Xue Rui didn’t even see a teacher. With doubts in her mind, she still followed the bird.

Not long after the bird stopped.

Xue Rui looked at the red-robed unconscious boy on the ground lying on the fiery rose field. The boy had three-dimensional handsome facial features, sword eyebrows, long eyelashes, a straight nose, and thin lips, black hair. The afternoon sun rays gave the perfect shade on his skin and the view was mesmerizing. Xue Rui felt her breath was stuck on her throat.

The little bird landed on a blooming rose and chirped bringing her back from the trance. Xue Rui was embarrassed. It was the first time she saw such a handsome boy from a close range.

She quickly recovered and went to check. Xue Rui found that one side of his robe was burnt and his skin was also burnt badly. There was no trace of fight here, then it might be that his cultivation went wrong.

But she was not a healing soul master, how could she help in this situation? Xue Rui looked at the bird, "How about I go and find a teacher to check his injuries?"

The immediately shook its head. Strongly disapproved. Xue Rui was helpless. She looked at the unconscious boy, only then realized that he was wearing a red robe.

"Red? He is from the inner Academy?" Xue Rui was shocked. "But he looks about 14 or 15 at most. How could it be?"

The red bird flew from the rose and landed on the boy's hand. "Chirp!"

Xue Rui hesitated a bit but still touched the boy's hand slowly. A strong force came from his hands, as if desperate. Xue Rui tried to free her hands but to no avail. Her soul power was running out and sipping into his hand.

A blue-white light shone. With a loud cry, a blue majestic Phoenix rose from her back. The temperature dropped to a freezing point and it continued to lower.

The little bird immediately flew towards the boy and fused with him. Another cry, more majestic than before was heard. A fiery golden-red Phoenix rose from the back of the unconscious boy. The cold temperature from before immediately dispersed and the temperature quickly rose a lot.

Xue Rui was so shocked. Her second martial soul, the Ice Crystal Phoenix was very close to ultimate ice. But it couldn’t match the fire Phoenix before her. And she felt the suppression from her soul. It was difficult to breathe. This kind of suppression only meant the Phoenix before she was a divine Phoenix with ultimate fire attribute.

She was at the library reading and accumulating knowledge about her two martial souls when she read the classification of Phoenix, the king of birds. The ice Phoenix and fire Phoenix were in the same grade. But the divine Phoenix was a grade above. There was no one with this martial soul so far.

How could it be?

Before she could ponder on it, Xue Rui felt a tight grip on her neck. She found out the boy had long woken up and was staring at her with his golden eyes. The fluctuations of blue and red soul power engulfed them. The burnt skin on his arm healed at a visible rate.

But his eyes were so cold. Deadly cold.

Xue Rui felt her back was wet from cold sweat. An anxiety rose from her heart. The grip on her neck was hurting, almost all of her soul power was emptied and she lost her sense. Her limped body fell slowly on the boy.

The boy returned to his senses and loosened his grip on her neck. The Ice Crystal Phoenix dispersed. The Divine Phoenix also dispersed. The boy looked at the unconscious girl in his arms and sighed.

"Chirp! Chirp!" The little bird appeared again. It danced in the air as if asking for his praise.

"You were the one who led this girl here?" The boy spoke. The voice was so nice to hear, it could touch one's soul.

"Chirp!"

The boy frowned at the stupid bird and took a look at the girl. Before he couldn’t see what she looked like. But now, he looked at her peerless beautiful face that could bring disaster to a country and its people and pursed his lips. No one knew what he was thinking. He looked at the white robe and knew she was a freshman at this academy.

He sighed took out a golden pill from his soul guide ring and fed it to her mouth inadvertently touching her lips. He looked at her cherry-pink lips and looked away indifferently.

He stood up and scooped Xue Rui in his arms and walked towards the dormitory area for the freshmen.

The little red bird followed them from behind. Sometimes chirping happily.

The author has something to say:

Did you guys really think I won't give Xue Rui any cheat? Haha!
The male lead is the biggest cheat Xue Rui can get.

Oh! I also deserve a senior brother to dote on me! [crying]