Knock-out Competition

In the end, Huo Yuhao’s team—representing Freshman Class 1—emerged victorious from all ten matches of the round-robin tournament, obtaining the best score in their group.

Xue Rui had no intention of stealing the protagonist's highlights. Because even she had to admit how formidable his millionaire soul ring skill was. His command and control were very precise. Combined with how hardworking Huo Yuhao was, Xue Rui had no complaints against him.

Sea God’s Lake, center island, lakeside.

Teacher Wang Yan, who had just carried out the freshmen assessment not long ago, was standing here. Only, he had an exceptionally respectful expression on his face.

An old man with disheveled hair was sitting not far away from him, his figure somewhat messy. His originally-white changpao had already been changed into a greyish-brown one which had many holes in it. His naked feet were currently immersed in the cool water of the Sea God’s Lake while his right hand held a massive bottle gourd.

The bottle gourd was red-purple in color, and nobody knew what it was made out of. He occasionally took a gulp from it, immediately causing a strong smell of alcohol to spread. His other hand held a fried chicken, ignoring the grease on it. The way he was eating and drinking made one feel that it was extremely joyful.

“Xuan Lao, this is what happened. These students are still young; they’re freshmen. Even though that’s the case, they’re truly deserving of our attention.”

Xuan Lao chuckled and stood up, his wet feet stepping on the grassy floor. His gaze was slightly disorderly, so much so that he even appeared vacant; it was as if he wasn’t seriously paying attention to Wang Yan’s words.

“A Body Soul, interesting.” Xuan Lao mumbled to himself, his voice somewhat rough and aged.

Wang Yan asked, “Xuan Lao, can a hair martial soul be considered a Body Soul?”

Xuan Lao spoke as he ate, “It could be connected to it.”

Wang Yan replied, “Since that’s the case, Lan Susu and Lan Luoluo should deserve your attention; they can even release a fusion skill. If they can even be connected to a Body Soul, their future potential should be quite large.”

Xuan Lao appeared very casual and relaxed as he said, “Then let me teach you something. To tell how strong a Body Soul is, you have to see how important it is to the body. If the body part used in a Body Soul is more important to the human body, the better it’ll be. Because of that, I’m quite interested in that youth who has the Spirit Eyes. If your hair falls off, it can still be grown back. But what if you lose your eyes? Furthermore, he even possesses a spiritual-type martial soul. In other words, his martial soul actually consists of his eyes and his brain. To be able to see a Body Soul that stands at the peak of all Body Souls within your lifetime, you’re quite lucky. However, I believe that his Body Soul hasn’t been completely stimulated yet. Otherwise, why would he be reduced to using a ten-year soul ring? Go tell Little Ning I’ll be watching the freshmen assessment’s ranking tournament. Ask him to leave space for me.”

“Yes.”

"And about that ice attribute martial soul, I heard some students saying she is a twin soul master. Both of her martial soul is ice type. Xuan Lao, what do you think?"

Xuan Lao took another mouthful of sip and said, "Don't worry about it. Someone has already recommended her."

Wang Yan was confused but didn’t comment on that and took his leave. Leaving Xuan Lao to continue living his old man's life.
"Twin martial soul and ultimate ice. No wonder that brat came to recommend."

The next morning, Xue Rui sat in the classroom alone. There was no sign of Huo Yuhao and Wang Dong.

When the class started, with a bang the classroom door was pushed open. Huo Yuhao and Wang Dong were standing outside with their untidy clothes. Wang Dong was relatively okay but Huo Yuhao was miserable with his hair out of place, two shirt buttons undone, and messy clothes.

Teacher Zhou was in a good mood and didn’t punish them, she even made jokes. Xue Rui looked at them and knew what they were up to. 'Is it the martial soul fusion technique?'

After walking back to the teaching podium, Zhou Yi indifferently said, “After three days, the freshmen assessment has finally ended. The final results were already tallied last night.”

After hearing her words, the students of Class 1 were filled with energy; not every group was as absolutely confident they had passed the assessment as Huo Yuhao’s group.

A smile that nobody dared to compliment unexpectedly appeared on Zhou Yi’s face. “I have no choice but to admit that you’ve worked very hard. You’ve given me enough face. Out of our twenty-two teams from Class 1, all of you have passed the freshmen assessment. I’m very happy about this.”

“Bang——” The entire class was filled with boiling excitement; cheering sounds filled every corner of the classroom. This time, Zhou Yi didn’t stop them. She smiled as she watched the excited cheering of the kids in front of her.

Xue Rui clapped along. This simple classroom has long become one. She quite liked this environment.

"Okay, quiet down.” After letting the class cheer for a long time, Zhou Yi motioned for them to quiet down.

“The only way for you to guarantee that you’ll stay in the academy is to pass the assessment. At the very least, you won’t be easily eliminated for another year. However, it’s only one more year. If you become lazy in the future, I’m afraid that I won’t be able to continue seeing you after your second year here.

Furthermore, it's not such a big deal to be able to pass the freshmen’s assessment. Out of the twenty-two teams here, fourteen teams haven’t finished their freshman assessment yet, because you’ve entered the top 64. You’ll still have to go through the knock-out competition, which is where you can truly prove how outstanding you are.”