First Round

Shrek Academy’s assessment area was located in the north-central part of the Martial Soul Department and was adjacent to the Soul Duelling Area. However, the Examination Area was much larger than the Soul Duelling Area. A large majority of the assessments would be held in this Examination Area.

The Examination Area was oval-shaped. Unlike the Soul Duelling Area, which was enclosed, the Examination Area was basically an open field. It was roughly twenty-thousand square meters large but was currently separated into fifty areas.

Because this was the first day of the assessment, all of the teams could leave after finishing only one match. This was done for the sake of letting the new students adapt to the schedule. The academy had stationed a teacher in each of the fifty areas to complete the registration process for the assessment.

Other than Class 1, which only had twenty-two teams, the other classes generally had at least thirty teams. Unless some students had performed extremely poorly teachers in charge of the freshmen classes would generally always give them a chance to take the freshman assessment.

There were a total of three hundred and ten teams participating in the freshmen assessment, which meant a total of nine hundred and thirty people. Out of these three hundred and ten teams of students, only a hundred and fifty of them would be able to remain and formally become first-year students to continue studying. The rest of the teams would be eliminated.

While studying at Shrek Academy, the competition was undoubtedly fierce. However, this also resulted in students working even harder under this intense atmosphere, allowing them to stimulate even more of their potential.

Xue Rui’s team of three was assigned to the 33rd arena. The arenas with the Examination Area were extremely easy to look for. They managed to find which arena they were supposed to be in quite quickly.

The students from the other classes who were also meant to be in the area had already arrived. Some of them looked nervous, while some of them seemed eager to begin.

“New students, please pay attention. New students, please pay attention. Please immediately enter the Examination Area to participate in the freshmen assessment. There are still ten minutes left for you to enter. Any students that are late will automatically forfeit their assessment.”

Xue Rui found Huo Yuhao absent minded and Wang Dong started to reassure him but he also restrained his usual pride. Although simply passing the assessment might not be that hard for them, if they wanted to become champions of the assessment, teamwork would be key. Because of that, Xue Rui was willing to comfort them.

A teacher who looked to be around forty walked into the 33rd Area. He looked like an extremely average person; he didn’t give off any sort of threatening aura. He had a smile on his face, “Very good. We have a total of six teams participating in the freshmen assessment today, and it seems that you’re all present. Allow me to introduce myself first. I’m Wang Yan, and I’ll be your proctor for the next two days."

"Greetings, teacher Wang!" The students hurriedly bowed in respect.

Wang Yan chuckled. “No need to be so polite. I’ve always treated everyone as a friend while I was teaching, and from now until the end of our time together, you’ll all be my little friends. As such, I don’t wish to see anyone get hurt. Although this assessment determines whether or not you can continue to study at Shrek Academy, I have to remind you that this is still only an assessment. You absolutely mustn’t hurt your opponents too badly. If that happens, I’m afraid I’ll have to ask him to leave and report the incident to the Academy.”

He spoke with a very gentle tone and downplayed the entire matter. Although he didn’t mention the consequences of crippling one’s opponent, every single student naturally understood the implications behind his words and nodded to express their understanding.