Huang Chutian

The current Xu Sanshi had an ashen look on his face as if all the energy had been drained from his body. He looked listless, and his clothes were crumpled. His current appearance was extremely dispirited.

Ma Xiaotao was still as beautiful as ever, although there was an abnormal flush on her charming face, and the pinkness of her eyes had darkened a bit.

"We have found her, right? Sister Xiaotao, can I go now?” Xu Sanshi had a bitter smile on his face as he spoke. After being tormented by an intense amount of pain for a few days, he finally managed to endure the last of it. However, the drain on his energy, physical strength, and soul power was too severe. Right now, all he wanted to do was return to his room and sleep.

Ma Xiaotao nodded. “Okay, you can go.”

Xu Sanshi glanced at Xue Rui with a look that said ‘You can fend for yourselves’ before he left. His disloyal appearance caused Xue Rui to be nervous. Just why had Ma Xiaotao been looking for her?

Ma Xiaotao indifferently said, “You, Xue Rui, follow me. Junior classmates, you can return by yourself.”

Seeing that Ma Xiaotao probably hadn’t come with good intentions, Xue Rui didn’t want to drag others into this. Furthermore, this was still the academy, she wouldn’t do anything too bad to her.

Wang Dong and Huo Yuhao left unwillingly in the end. Following Ma Xiaotao’s lead, Xue Rui walked towards the lakeside path. After walking for a little while, they arrived at the lakeside where she had first been attacked by Ma Xiaotao.

Ma Xiaotao only stopped when she was right in front of the Sea God’s Lake. However, Xue Rui kept a distance from her.

“Senior sister Ma, why did you call us over?” Xue Rui asked with the intention of probing. But she had a hunch it may be an opportunity.

"Xie Siran told me, your martial soul reached ultimate ice attribute?" Ma Xiaotao spoke with her back facing Xue Rui.

Xie Siran?

Xue Rui pursed her lips. He wouldn’t do anything useless. There might be something good. So she nodded, "Yes."

Ma Xiaotao suddenly threw a red box at her. Xue Rui raised her hand to catch it. It was quite heavy. "Senior sister Ma, what is this?"

Ma Xiaotao said arrogantly, "Your work fee. Don't worry, Xie Siran bargained with me to give you better things. From now on, you have to help me suppress my evil fire for me once in a while. Understand?"

"What if I refuse?" Xue Rui asked. Though she didn’t want to refuse at all.

Ma Xiaotao chuckled, "You won't. Take a look at the box before refusing." After saying that she directly left.

Xue Rui looked confused. Why was she so sure that she would not refuse? What was in it?

"It's better to go back and cultivate. I will also take a lot at it." Xue Rui put away the box in her soul guide and turned to go back to her dormitory.

The next day, Xue Rui came to the 33rd arena. Huo Yuhao and Wang Dong were already there waiting for her. They started chatting about the games.

Since they were the team that had achieved the best results during the previous five-round tournament, they were able to remain in the 33rd arena. After lots were redrawn, they were paired with another five teams to continue their assessment.

These students definitely weren’t first-rankers from the other arenas, as such they certainly wouldn’t meet any amazingly strong opponents during their next five rounds. However, it still wouldn’t be as easy for them as their previous matches.

Teacher Wang Yan glanced at Huo Yuhao’s team of three with a deep look in his eyes, then proceeded to make an announcement, “Alright, everyone’s present. Since Class 1’s ‘Team Huo Yuhao’ was able to obtain the best results in this arena during their previous five matches, they’re the seeded team in this arena. As for the order of the matches, the first match of the 33rd arena’s sixth round will be: Class 1’s Team Huo Yuhao versus Class 7’s Team Huang Chutian. Begin the assessment.”

When the two sides entered the arena, Huo Yuhao’s team of three was immediately astonished by the fact that there was an identical pair of female students on the opposing team.

The two female students had blue hair, and their small, delicate faces were rosy. They looked extremely cute and even seemed to be slightly younger than them.

A pair of twins?

A tall and sturdy male student stood in front of the two girls; he was clearly Huang Chutian, their team leader.

“I’m Huang Chutian. The girl on my left is Lan Susu, while the girl on my right is Lan Luoluo. Please advise us.”

“Huo Yuhao, Wang Dong, and Xue Rui. Please advise us.” Huo Yuhao replied.

Both parties took their positions. Huo Yuhao’s side followed their original formation, with Wang Dong in front, Xue Rui in the middle, and Huo Yuhao in the corner of the arena.

On the other side, Huang Chutian stood in front, while Lan Susu and Lan Luoluo stood behind him. Teams could only have one assault system soul master, and it was extremely obvious that one of the twins couldn’t possibly be their team’s assault system soul master. Hence, they might have been both auxiliary system soul masters, or even both control system soul masters.

Teacher Wang Yan let out a low shout, “Let the assessment begin!”

Both sides quickly released their martial souls. Huang Chutian let out a roar and used both hands to forcefully beat his chest. He hadn’t even reached the age of twelve, yet he was already 1.5 meters tall. After releasing his martial soul, his stature instantly shot up to 1.8 meters or so, whilst his bulging muscles directly ripped the school uniform that he was wearing apart, exposing his muscles, which had turned metallic black.

His original black eyes had turned yellow, and two canine teeth were now protruding from his thickened lips. His four limbs became thick and solid, while his muscles looked as tough as steel.

Two yellow soul rings simultaneously rose from his feet. Impressively, he was an assault system Soul Grandmaster.

The pair of twins behind Huang Chutian also released their martial souls, which, unexpectedly, turned out to be their hair…

Two soul rings unexpectedly also appeared below Lan Luoluo and Lan Susu’s feet, all four yellow. With a swing of their heads, their long, blue hair immediately rose into the air, rapidly spreading out in midair. It quickly reached ten or so meters in length as it floated in midair.

This was also the first team formed by three Soul Grandmasters that their team had met.

Wang Dong flew out as soon as the match started. As his beautiful Radiant Butterfly Goddess’ wings unfurled, the twin girls in front of him were starstruck; the way they looked at Wang Dong immediately changed.

Huang Chutian let out a low roar and he suddenly took large strides to meet Wang Dong head-on. As his feet landed on the ground, they unexpectedly caused a deep ‘boom to ring out. When he was only three meters away from Wang Dong, he suddenly leaped towards Wang Dong and smashed his fists straight towards him.

Wang Dong folded his wings together, forcefully receiving the blow.

“Bang—” Huang Chutian was unexpectedly the one forced back towards the ground. When he landed, he took a few steps back to steady his body.

After steadying himself, he immediately leaped back into the air and headed straight towards Wang Dong again.

At that moment, an arrow, bluish transparent with chilling coldness, without a sound appeared at the summit of Huang Chutian’s leap.

If he hadn’t dodged narrowly, it would have been a bloody scene. Huang Chutian turned to look at the culprit. Xue Rui still stood in her original place elegantly. With her Frost Bow that was emitting coldness and three soul rings.

Yellow, yellow, purple.

It was the first time Xue Rui attacked personally in the arena.