Quarter Final

The teachers of Shrek Academy had seen many geniuses, but freshmen like Xue Rui and Wang Dong, were this fixated on victory and this resolute in their beliefs. They were simply too rare.

The Director of the Martial Soul Department, Du Weilun, walked over to the stunned Zhou Yi. "Teacher Zhou, congratulations on teaching these two excellent students. Report them to the higher-ups. I believe that they both have the qualifications to become core disciples of the outer courtyard."

Only then did Zhou Yi react. She hurriedly replied, "Director Du, there's still Huo Yuhao. He's the core of their team, as well as their team leader."

Du Weilun was stunned, but he shook his head. "He only has a single soul ring. He's too weak. Also, he should be one of those rarely-seen spiritual-type soul masters. Don't you know how few spiritual-type soul beasts there are?" With that, he walked off the tall stage.

As the Director of the Martial Soul Department, Du Weilun wasn't just strong, he was calculative as well. He naturally saw the role that Huo Yuhao had played during the match. However, he had important responsibilities as a Director; he naturally wouldn't choose a core disciple just for his personality and leadership skills.

"No problem. If the Martial Soul Department doesn't want him, our Soul Tool Department will take him." A bright light flickered through Fan Yu's eyes as he patted Zhou Yi's shoulder. "It's hard to find strong spiritual-type soul beasts, but it's still possible to find ordinary ones. As long as he has enough soul power, he'll still be able to become an outstanding student of the Soul Tool Department if he only has his first soul ring. I want this core disciple."

Sea God's Island, the Lakeside.

"Xuan Lao, what do you think?" Wang Yan stood beside Xuan Lao and asked in a quiet voice.

Xuan Lao had already finished his chicken legs, and there were now chicken wings around him. It seemed as though he'd never be full.

"Those two fellas aren't bad. As for that fella with the Body Soul, you were talking about, he's lacking by quite a bit. He should have a skill that's similar to a spiritual detection-type skill, however, it's unfortunate that his first soul ring is only ten years old. This is a flaw that can't be made up for." As he spoke, Xuan Lao swallowed a mouthful of wine.

Wang Yan replied, "But, Xuan Lao, he still has a Body Soul!"

Xuan Lao objected, "That Ice attribute girl can be paid special attention. She has some talent but her fighting skill is too green. Wang Dong is better at fighting than her. I've already made my decision. Those two little fellas can be chosen. As for Huo Yuhao, just leave it."

With that, he stood up and walked unsteadily away, a chicken wing in one hand and a huge bottle gourd in the other. His unsteady gait made it seem as if he could fall down at any time.

As he stared at Xuan Lao's back, Wang Yan couldn't help but sigh.

The freshmen assessment had already entered its final stages, and the top 8 had already been decided from the morning matches. There was no doubt that these 8 teams were the most outstanding teams among the freshmen students. However, two of the teams that were led by Soul Elder-ranked students had actually been eliminated, to everybody's surprise.

There were only eight teams left in the knock-out round. The moment Xue Rui, Huo Yuhao, and Wang Dong arrived at the Assessment Area, they immediately attracted the attention of the other seven teams. It was clear that none of the other teams were willing to fight against them in the quarterfinals.

"Team Huo Yuhao, come forward and draw your lots." Director Du Weilun's voice jolted Huo Yuhao awake. He then hurriedly walked forward, drawing a stick from the ballot cylinder Du Weilun held.

Du Weilun carefully looked at Huo Yuhao, thinking to himself, This kid truly has outstanding points, and his spiritual-type martial soul is extremely rare. Unfortunately, he hasn't reached Rank 20 yet, and the chances of him obtaining a strong soul ring in the future are too small. If he can continue to pass all of the Academy's assessments and remain a student, we'll be able to see whether or not he has the qualifications to become a core disciple of the Martial Soul Department by the time he gets to his fourth or fifth year.

"Number 3." After taking Huo Yuhao's lot, Du Weilun loudly announced his number.

One of the teams who'd already drawn their lots suddenly had a change in expression; they were going to fight against them.

Huo Yuhao walked back towards Wang Dong. "There's a one in seven chance that we're going to fight against the last team that has a Soul Elder in it. If that team's our next opponent, I think that we should consider praying to god."

Wang Dong had a speechless look on his face. "What god should we pray to?"

"Be serious! I am still here!" Xue Rui felt that her soul elder title was being neglected. So helpless! Who told her to be so weak at fighting?

After entering the Assessment Area, both teams stood facing each other and introduced themselves. This time, their opponents were from Class 9, and all three of them were Soul Grandmasters. Relatively speaking, they were an extremely strong team. However, there was a large gap between their team and the teams that Xue Rui and the others had defeated in their two previous matches.

"Let me come! I can deal with them alone!" Wang Dong suddenly became excited.

"Don't be so arrogant!" Huo Yuhao commented from the side. Xue Rui didn't care, "Let him try."

With that just after the match started, Wang Dong activated her second soul ring and went all out! And Huo Yuhao helped from the side to provide soul power.

Their opponents never expected Wang Dong to go all out the instant he made a move. More importantly, they'd never expected the strength of his Light of the Butterfly Goddess to be this terrifying.

With the support of their Haodong Power, Wang Dong's Light of the Butterfly Goddess was equivalent to a three-ringed Soul Elder using their thousand-year soul skill at the very least. All that their opponents could do was release their soul skills at full power and defend against it.

When the dazzling ray of light appeared, the two agility system soul masters were almost immediately blasted out of the arena. Although the assault system soul master was able to remain standing inside the arena, his soul power had been almost entirely drained, and he'd suffered some minor injuries.

Because of that, Wang Dong uttered an extremely domineering sentence after he'd unfurled his dazzling wings and landed, "Are you going to leave the arena by yourself, or do I need to assist you?"

After that... there was no 'after that'. This was the quickest match that had occurred since the tournament had begun. It was also this match that caused Wang Dong's popularity to soar and made many people refer to him as the number one assault system soul master.

Xue Rui shook her head, "Huo Yuhao was right! This is too arrogant!"