Drawing Lots

The second match ended, Huo Yuhao, Wang Dong, and Xiao Xiao had already entered the top 4 of the tournament. In other words, they would definitely receive a prize if they won another match. If they managed to win two more matches, they’d be the champions of the tournament.

Zhou Yi had told them that this year’s batch of new students’ quality far exceeded that of the previous years. If they were able to become champions despite these circumstances, they’d undoubtedly have proven their potential.

With a tired body, the three went back to their dorm to rest and cultivate their lost soul power. Xue Rui thought that with small progress every day, one day she would be proficient in fighting! Today's match was just the beginning.

The next day, after showering, Xue Rui hurriedly ate breakfast, then cultivated until the sun had risen. After the sun had risen, she left her room and headed towards the Assessment Area. Huo Yuhao and Wang Dong were already there. The champions of this year’s knock-out tournament would be decided today, and after getting all the way to the top 4, none of the teams would cower from the others.

The number of spectators today was even greater than yesterday. All of the spectators were teachers, of course, as the students still had to continue their classes. The only difference was that the sloppy old man who’d appeared on the tall stage yesterday hadn’t turned up today.

The top 4 teams stood together, waiting to draw lots. However, the person in charge of the lot drawing today was no longer the Director of the outer courtyard’s Martial Soul Department, Du Weilun.

A white-clothed old man had taken his position. When he saw this old man, Huo Yuhao couldn’t help but inwardly feel astonished; he’d previously seen this old man before when he and Wang Dong had met the berserk Ma Xiaotao for the first time!
Xue Rui and Wang Dong also noticed this.

At that time, this old man had been the person in charge of the teachers who’d rushed over from the Sea God’s Lake. As the freshmen assessment’s knock-out tournament had progressed to its final stage today, he’d finally shown up. This clearly showed his lofty position in the Academy. Even Director Du Weilun—who possessed an extremely high amount of authority in the Academy—respectfully stood beside him.

“Greetings, youths. I’m Yan Shaozhe, the 261st Dean of Shrek Academy.” The white-clothed old man carried a smile on his face as he spoke. He had an extremely warm temperament and made it seem as if he was only an ordinary old man.

Just what status did the Dean of Shrek Academy have? As the Dean of the continent’s number one academy, he had the qualification to be on equal footing with the emperor of any country in the world. Furthermore, as the Dean of Shrek Academy, he was definitely a Titled Douluo super expert! He was a true, peak-level existence on the Douluo Continent.

The Dean personally appearing was something that none of the freshmen could’ve predicted.

“I know that all of you are very curious as to why I’ve come here, and you’re not wrong to be so. Normally, when the freshmen assessment enters its last stage, a Vice-Dean would be sufficient to show how much the academy values you. However, I have to admit that your performances during this freshmen assessment have left me extremely pleased. I’ve come because you all are the best batch of freshmen that I’ve seen during the past hundred years, so I’m very interested in you all. In addition to that, I’ll be watching all of the matches today, so I hope that I’ll continue to be pleasantly surprised by you all. Alright, let the lot-drawing begin.”

Naturally, the Dean himself couldn’t draw the lots. Thus, Du Weilun hurriedly took over the responsibility of drawing lots. However, Dean Yan himself was personally holding the ballot cylinder, which immediately caused all of the freshmen present to feel their blood boil.

This was a superpower that was only spoken of in the legends! The Dean of Shrek Academy is actually holding the ballot cylinder for us! Not to mention these freshmen, even if a group of eight-ringed Soul Douluo was here, they’d still feel deeply honored. In an instant, the freshmen felt uncontrollably elated; Xue Rui, Huo Yuhao, and Wang Dong weren’t exceptions either.

“Team Huo Yuhao from Class 1, please come forward to draw your lot.” This time around, the first team to draw their lot was unexpectedly Huo Yuhao’s team.

Huo Yuhao and Wang Dong glanced at each other. “You go.” Huo Yuhao nudged his friend.

Wang Dong shook his head. “No, Xue Rui you go!"

Xue Rui rolled her eyes at this drama, "Huo Yuhao, go! You’re the team leader. Quickly go and draw.” While speaking, she pushed Huo Yuhao out, making him the first student to draw a lot from the Dean.

Huo Yuhao felt somewhat nervous as he walked forward. When he stretched his hand out to draw his lot, he almost couldn’t control his emotions—his arm was even trembling.

Dean Yan smiled. “Little fella, there’s no need to be nervous. I hope that your team can obtain good results.”

After drawing his lot, Huo Yuhao took a step back and respectfully bowed deeply towards Yan Shaozhe. Afterward, he handed his lot over to Du Weilun before walking back towards their team. By the time he reached their team, he discovered that the speed of his heartbeat had doubled.

“Class 1, Team Huo Yuhao. Lot Number: 2.”

The number ‘two’ signified that they’d be competing in the second arena during the semifinals. There were four numbers in the cylinder; two ‘ones’, and two ‘twos.

"Class 5, Team Dai Huabin. Please come forward and draw your lot.”

A tall youth walked forward with large steps. Huo Yuhao had always had a good memory, but as he looked towards the back of this youth, he discovered that he’d never seen this youth during the lot drawings of the previous matches. Clearly, the team from Class 5 had changed the person they were sending out to pick their lot due to Dean Yan Shaozhe’s appearance.

The youth walked up to the stage and, after saluting Yan Shaozhe and Du Weilun, drew a lot. Following Huo Yuhao, he bowed deeply before handing his lot to Du Weilun. Afterward, he turned away.

His face was handsome, yet ice-cold. His long, golden hair was split in two atop his head and was draped over his shoulders. If one were to carefully inspect him, they’d notice that there were unexpectedly two pupils in his deep blue eyes. In addition to that, he was also slightly taller than his peers.

When Huo Yuhao saw him, his entire body suddenly shook violently. An inconceivable look filled his eyes, and his body suddenly began trembling uncontrollably as he grabbed the arm of Wang Dong, who was next to him.

Xue Rui noticed Huo Yuhao's sudden uneasiness. She was in a daze and after thinking for a while, she remembered who this person was.

Dai Huabin.

Huo Yuhao's half-brother and the youngest son of Duke Dai Hao.

"Team Dai Huabin, Lot Number 1.”