Ultimate Ice

Wang Dong had actually been able to defeat two agility system soul masters by himself—and this was a food system soul master supporting them!

It instantly became a hot topic.

When the second day of the assessment started, the students from the freshmen were still discussing this. It made Wang Dong more popular in the outer courtyard.

Xue Rui didn’t pay too much attention to it. She was thinking about another issue. Yesterday she was suddenly summoned by Xie Siran. And their conversation was running in her head till now.

When she appeared in their regular place, he was practicing a set of movements. It looked unrestrained and full of heroic spirit. The red boiling soul aura around him moved with each of his movements. Each movement was faster than the other and more powerful than the other.

Xue Rui, at the sideline, could clearly feel his explosive power and aura. But Xie Siran was too focused on his practice and didn’t pay attention to her.

The air around Xie Siran seemed to be moving around his fingers. He manipulated the environment so well that it even brought the feeling of a domain. Like a territory and he is the only master. The red robe was flying with his actions and he was so fast in his movements that he left afterimages.

Suddenly a huge pressure fell on her. Xue Rui looked ahead, Xie Siran was moving towards her quickly. Xue Rui instantly felt she was in his domain and the pressure was ridiculously high. Even higher than the pressure Ma Xiaotao gave her.

But that was not what terrified her. What made her tremble was Xie Siran's blank eyes. He seemed to be out of the world with no soul.

Did he lose control again?

Xue Rui couldn’t wait to think more as the pressure immediately made her release her martial soul.

With a cry, Ice Crystal Phoenix emerged with its bone-chilling coldness. At this point, the ice attribute was very close to ultimate ice. The temperature was dropping again and again.

Xue Rui seemed to understand something. The more pressure from an opposite attribute, the better her martial soul's ice attribute will be.

She looked at the boy coming towards him at a fast speed.

Xie Siran, the owner of The Divine Phoenix.

The ultimate fire attribute.

Xue Rui's eyes widened before tightly closing her eyes. A pause. The expected collision didn’t happen.  She slowly opened her eyes again and directly came into the other's eyes. They were so close. Xie Siran's eyes were gaining focus, not as cloudy as before.

After he calmed down, Xie Siran spoke, "Your martial soul has reached the ultimate ice."

It wasn’t a question but an affirmation.

"That— how can that be possible?" Xue Rui's voice trembled as she spoke. She was so scared this time that she even forgot to move to avoid it.

Unexpectedly Xie Siran didn’t say anything but only leaned down at her eye level. His fingers passed through her hair lovingly. Xue Rui suddenly felt nervous. The shock from before returned again, making her heart accelerate. A faint pink hue adorned her cheeks. And her eyes widened.

The next second, Xie Siran pulled the golden lotus ornament from her hair and put it in her hands.

"This."

Oh, it was the golden lotus she got just after transmigrating in this world.

Xie Siran's voice rang above her head, "A rare immortal grade golden lotus. It never appeared in the mainland, so there's no record of its use."

He looked at her, "But now I know."

The pink around her cheeks hadn’t fully vanished yet, making her look too charming.

Xue Rui mentally slapped herself. She is a kid and can not fall in love!

"Huh?"

Xie Siran didn’t answer and turned around to leave, leaving his words, "Try to get first place in the freshmen competition. I recommended you to the teachers, don't make me lose face."

Xue Rui was dumbfounded. What did he mean by recommended? Wait! Did she get special treatment from him?

This—

After thinking for a while, Xue Rui concluded that she could no longer be a salted fish. She had to show the academy her worth, that way the academy would value her and tilt its resources towards her. After all, in Douluo strength is everything.

"Xue Rui!"

"Huh?" Xue Rui came back to her senses and looked at Wang Dong who put one of his arms over her shoulder like a dandy. Wang Dong pursed his lips, "What's going on? Why are you distracted? We are about to play next. Come on, let's go! We will dazzle their eyes with brilliance!  Hahahahaha!"

Huo Yuhao was helpless as he saw Wang Dong so unscrupulous. Xue Rui also followed with a smile. Although she decided to play seriously, that also depended on the opponents. They shouldn’t bully others too much.

After the match they’d fought on the first day, as well as the observations they’d made afterward, Xue Rui was one hundred percent certain that there were no opponents in their group capable of threatening them. Other than them, there was only a single student above the twentieth rank of soul power.

The students from the other teams weren’t idiots either. Being under such intense conditions, they directly forfeited when they faced Xue Rui's team in order to achieve better results later on.

Xue Rui’s team was in much better condition compared to the exhausted students of the other teams. Xue Rui's team of three easily managed to achieve victory in all four of their matches, thereby obtaining a perfect result of five victories in five matches. With these results as a ‘safety net’, they’d basically passed the freshmen assessment already. Furthermore, these five victories caused them to be filled with confidence.

On the other hand, Wang Yan felt somewhat depressed as the proctor of the 33rd arena. Five matches had passed, yet Xue Rui's team had fought in the same way in every match—Wang Dong would make a move on his own, while Huo Yuhao and Xue Rui would simply sit back and watch.

"How relaxing! Winning against them was as easy as chopping vegetables.” Wang Dong said with an excited look on their way back. He was extremely satisfied with how they’d done today.

Huo Yuhao said, "Don't float yourself too much lest you should make us fall. The next matches will definitely be more challenging. Maybe we all have to go all out too. So we better practice after going back."

"Oh, you boring guy! You only know cultivation." Wang Dong rolled his eyes at him.

Xue Rui touched her nose with a finger and asked, "How about I play the next games? And you two just stand and enjoy?" Although she sounded arrogant, she as a rare soul lord of freshmen, had the capital to be arrogant. Don't forget, her ice attribute was updated to the ultimate.

Before Huo Yuhao obtain his second martial soul, she is the only ultimate ice attribute in the academy. Or maybe on Douluo mainland.

Wang Dong laughed. “Xue Rui, you’ve said all this, but it’s really just because your hands are itchy, isn’t it? Fine, we’ll do it your way. I’ve already been satisfied, so I’ll let you pleasure yourself for a bit.”

Fortunately, there weren’t any adults walking near them while they were speaking. If there had been, Wang Dong’s words could have been interpreted very differently.

Huo Yuhao chuckled. “Let’s go, I’ll treat you two to some roasted fish. I ordered some extra yesterday.”

As the three of them left the Examination Area, they bumped into two people. Xue Rui couldn’t help being stunned when she saw who the people they’d bumped into were.

The people they’d bumped into weren’t random people; it was the red-clothed disciple from the inner courtyard, Ma Xiaotao, and the person she’d dragged away a few days ago, Xu Sanshi

Another drama.