Training

First-year Class 1. All ninety-one students were already seated in-class ten minutes before the afternoon bell had rung. Furthermore, there was an unusual silence amongst the classroom. None of the students dared to cause any noise.

Xue Rui was sitting on her seat quietly while reading a book. She had just found the library. Although as a freshman, she was only allowed in the first level in the library, she knew that this was a chance for her to enhance as much knowledge as possible. She had to live the rest of her life here. She didn’t want to live badly. And the only way to live in this world is strength. Not only physical strength, mental strength is also a must. Currently she was lacking both. So she chosed to enhanced her knowledge first before starting to work on physical strength.

Not long after, Zhou Yi walked in. As Zhou Yi slowly walked into the classroom, the atmosphere within Class 1 turned solemn.

“Everyone, stand up and gather in the plaza.” Unexpectedly, Zhou Yi said this immediately after entering the classroom, before instantly turning around to leave.

No one dared to waste any time. Xue Rui closed her book and stood up. A crowd of students rapidly left the classroom and followed Zhou Yi in an orderly, quiet manner to Shrek Plaza. Xue Rui pitter-pattered behind them without falling behind.

They didn’t notice that Zhou Yi unexpectedly had a smile hidden within her eyes. This teacher, who was strict to the point of being somewhat perverted, was currently thinking that there were definitely some advantages to teaching new students. At least these new students were less unruly, which made them easier to control.

A pile of iron chains had been piled up on Shrek Plaza at some unknown time. Under Zhou Yi’s command, the students arranged them neatly.

Seeing the iron chains, Xue Rui didn’t feel good. A bad premonition surged over.

“Wang Dong.” Zhou Yi called out.

“Present.” Wang Dong took a step forward.

Zhou Yi spoke to the students, “I’ve flipped through your entrance test results, and I’ve added them to the test that we performed this morning. Currently, out of all of you, though, Wang Dong doesn’t have the highest level of cultivation but he is the strongest among you. Because of this, I hereby declare that he’ll be the class monitor of Class 1 from now on. The class monitor position is a volatile one, and whoever has the strength to beat him may do so and replace him as the new class monitor. Do you all understand?”

“We understand.” The gazes from a few male students who had a high amount of self-confidence in their strength immediately turned sharp, while the gazes from the female students seemed to become much warmer as they looked at Wang Dong.

Xue Rui looked at Zhou Yi and found out she was looking at her.

"Student Xue Rui, you should work hard." Zhou Yi didn’t say anything more and moved away from her.

Zhou Yi pointed towards the iron chains in front of her. “These are suits of chainmail specialized in strengthening your physical fitness. Every single one of you will take one. After you’ve put them on, start running around the plaza. You’ll keep running from now until the bell signals the end of class rings. You can use your soul power, but you can’t use any soul skills. Your rank will be based on the number of laps that you’ve completed at the end of class, and the person in last place will be expelled from Class 1.”

“There’s something I need to emphasize. In my class, eliminations won’t just happen during exam periods; they can happen at any time. Today, ninety-one people will become ninety people. Start running.”

After she finished speaking, she flicked her toe, and a full set of chainmail made out of thick iron chains flew towards all of them each. Xue Rui hurriedly caught it and put it on.