Annihilation

After getting a half day off Xue Rui decided to cultivate alone in her room. Just as she put the signboard on the door 'Do not disturb." a red fiery little bird flew in through the open window and nestled on top of her head.

"..."

"Not this again."

"Chirp!"

"What is this? Why are you here?" Xue Rui asked with helplessness. Grabbed the bird from her head and rubbed the tuff on its head as an act of revenge.

But the stupid bird didn’t seem to feel her revenge as it chirped more happily. "Chirp! Chirp!"

"Sigh. I still don't understand bird language."  Xue Rui again put away the signboard from her room door and went out locking the door. There's only one meaning why this stupid bird came to her. Xie Siran was summoning her. She rolled her eyes and didn’t let go of the bird until they were close to their usual meeting place. If she did, this clingy bird would nestle on her head again.

She looked at the young man sitting there cultivating. She could only call him a cultivation freak in her head. Even more of a  freak than Huo Yuhao. Really it was not easy to rise to level 49. Where Beibei and Xu Sanshi still didn’t get their fourth ring. In just three months he jumped one level.

"Sit." Xie Siran spoke without opening his eyes.

Xue Rui slowly sat down opposite him and let go of the little bird who was honestly being held hostage.

Xue Rui noticed his aura was getting stronger just as she sat down. A guess came into her mind and she quickly sat in a lotus position and started meditating. This time cultivation speed was twice more than before.

Was it because the higher compatibility of their martial soul the easier it was to cultivate?

A quarter of an hour passed by and a circle of meditation was completed. Feeling warm and refreshed, Xue Rui opened her eyes. Then came face to face with Xie Siran.

Before she could feel embarrassed, Xie Siran spoke up, "Your ice attribute has risen to the ultimate."

Xue Rui waited for his next words.

Xie Siran continued, "There are a lot of examples of dragon and phoenix martial soul fusion, and even phoenix with another phoenix. But there's one thing in common. They have the same attribute. Or attributes that complement each other. But in our case, our attributes are in contradiction to each other. It’s weird to have a martial soul fusion."

Xue Rui was taken aback. "Huh?" She forgot most of the Soul Land book, she barely remembers the peerless Tang sect book. Even if she read most of the books in the library, her status didn't allow her to read advanced books. So she had no idea about this.

But she was not to blame. Few people in Soul Land have martial soul fusion skills. So there's not enough information known to the public.

"I went to a teacher to ask about it. He said it's possible." Xie Siran suddenly took out a black inconspicuous book from his storage soul guide.

Ice and Fire: Yin Yang Well

Xue Rui opened the book and read every word of it seriously.

The Ice and Fire Yin Yang Well is said to be one of the three great treasure bowls, an extremely rare and valuable natural environment. It is located in the Sunset Forest.

The hot spring isn't large, it is however split into two parts. In the oval pool, the waters of the hot spring are separately colored milky white and vermilion. Even more bizarre, even though they were in the same pool they remained clearly separated, not encroaching on each other and constantly keeping to their own sides.

 This well had extremely unusual effects on the human body. If humans or maybe animals stayed at the side of the Ice and Fire Yin Yang Well, then in a very short time their bodies would be attacked by two kinds of extremely potent Heavenly spiritual influences. If they didn’t leave fast enough, their bodies were bound to burst and die.

The bold line in the book caught Xue Rui's attention.

Blessed by the Heavens, two existences in one well, yin and yang mutually subduing each other, and thus the hottest and coldest thing under the heavens. Seizing the fortune of Heaven and Earth, swallowing the best features of the sun and the moon. In terms of the potency of attributes, there was nothing that could match.❞

The best?

Xue Rui looked up at him with surprise. She didn’t ask where he got this valuable book from that would be stupid to ask. But she understood what he meant by giving her this book.

"You— are you suggesting we should follow Tang San's footsteps? But he relied on immortal herbs to balance that." Xue Rui spoke out her confusion.

"We don't need immoral herbs. Our martial soul is born with this attribute. We just have to balance it." Xie Siran took the book from Xue Rui and put it away.

If what was written in the book was true. That meant they could unleash the best martial soul fusion skill.

Xie Siran looked at her and said, "I want to try the martial soul fusion skill."

"Now?"

"Hm."

"..."

Xue Rui rolled her eyes in her heart and leaned closer to him. Martial soul fusion needs close body contact. But holding hands was enough.

Xue Rui put both of her hands on his and tried to feel his soul power. Injecting hers into his body while he did the same to her. Thinking like this. This was too intimate.

Their hands touched and their soul power fused, Xie Siran was left in the dominant position. As long as he willed it, the fusion would go ahead once he touched Xue Rui’s body, regardless of whether Xue Rui cooperated or not. Also, the person who could use the fused soul power to activate the strengthened soul skills was Xie Siran. But if Xue Rui wanted to use this fused soul power, she would need Xie Siran’s approval before doing so. The difference in who was dominant in this fusion was clear.

But wasn’t it written in the book that they needed to subdue each other?

As if knowing what Xue Rui was thinking, Xie Siran said, "Our attributes did subdue each other. But the huge soul power gap is still here. If you were to dominate this fusion you need to have more soul power than me."

Xue Rui nodded. "Do you want to try it’s skill?"

They knew they had a fusion skill but they had never tried this skill. They always used this fusion to cultivate their soul power. Maybe before the attributes couldn’t subdue each other. But now, there was a possibility.

"Hm."

With that, they looked into each other's eyes and their aura started to merge at a larger pace.

The martial souls of Divine Phoenix and Ice Crystal Phoenix behind them merged and a sky-breaking cry echoed. The ground was trembling and an aura more divine and destructive emerged.

Contrary to what Xue Rui thought. Their martial soul fusion was not a phoenix. But it was a human figure with a purple divine aura around him. And that human figure's face resembled Xie Siran up to 70%.

At the same time, both of them knew what their soul fusion skill was.

Annihilation.

At the same time, in the Sea God Island, Mu En looked in their direction.

"An aura closest to gods."