Chapter 18: A Humble Call For Adelina

*** WARNING: This chapter contains foul language and mistreatment.

***Alright Now Continuation Of Chapter 18...

-Rhone Imperial palace, inside the fake empress waiting room-

It was customary for an empress to have a separate palace besides the main palace.

That didn't mean that they were prohibited in the emperors' chambers, that was not the case at all.

The fake empress just tends to pass her carefree life in her empress palace as today's unfortunate occasion.

She sat with a displeased expression looking at Adelina sitting across from her wearing a loose white dress with a golden stole, the saintess uniform.

She knew that Adelina would come looking for her but not this fast.

Adelina had rushed in a request to meet her.

 For that reason, the fake empress was more annoyed.

Adelina tried to speak up but she couldn't get words out.

She knew that the fake empress was furious.

Well, except, she was like any other who thought the furious-looking orange-haired woman sitting across from her was the real empress.

"Empres..." (Adelina, said)

She hesitated as she looked at the quiet maid on the fake empress's right side with closed eyes holding a small white plate and a white cup of tea.

"She does not talk" (Fake Empress Paola, said)

"Her tongue has been cut" (Fake Empress Paola, said)

The fake empress knew what Adelina was wondering.

Without looking at the maid she said and grabbed the cup of tea.

'Sip'

She took a sip and closed her eyes.

"I'm losing my power" (Adelina, said)

Adelina finally opened her mouth as she said with a worried tone as the fake empress continued to close her eyes and drink the tea.

'If it wasn't for Aurora's extra stored blood I was saving for emergencies those shadows...' (Adelian's inner thoughts)

'What the hell am I?' (Adelina's inner thoughts)

'Each time I try to ask she gets very aggressive...why was I not born-' (Adelina's inner thoughts)

She thought with jealousy as the fake empress interrupted her thoughts.

"Child both you and I know those aren't your powers" (Fake Empress Paola, said)

She opened her eyes and lowered her teacup.

"Don't forget you only took credit, you are the saintess in name because of your sister's power and my influence" (Fake Empress Paola, said)

The Fake Empress said in a humiliating tone.

'You think I don't know that?!' (Adelina's inner thoughts)

Adelina's pride was hurt.

She tried hard not to clench her teeth in anger.

"But your foolishness has ruined it" (Fake Empress Paola, said)

"Am I wrong?" (Fake Empress Paola, asked)

"Have you not come for my help to get your sister's blood?" (Fake Empress Paola, asked)

The Fake Empress only added on to the fire.