Chapter 33: The Chocolate Lover Fox

'Turn'

Dorion's attention turned away by their shocked knights looking again straight ahead at the waterfall scenery scanning it.

'....' (Dorion)

Right there by the waterfall nice polished rocks that served as stepping stones way above the water level instantly caught his attention.

If he placed pieces of chocolate in each stepping rock stone placing that at the very center of the waterfall pond there was no way it could get out without struggling.

Sure it could go back retrieving its steps but how long would that take?

It wouldn't be a fool if to go back that way if the Rainers knights who came out of hiding give any motivation for it to head that way.

And if it tried to go past the last stepping rock stone it would most likely have to swim to the end where the waterfall's high rocks blocked it from escaping it, in other words, a dead end.

Placing his knights in other angles would also discourage it from escaping.

"Yeah at this point he's going to end up attracting a wild beast instead of a defenseless fox" (Evan, whispered)

"Haha, animals are no fools how would that even work if they won't fall for that trap" (Rex, whispering)

"I never heard of a fox liking chocolate I would be more concerned if the Duke didn't kill it with that" (Xer, whispered)

"Yeah, I agree at the end we won't get anything and end up killing it like that poor fox" (Uno, whispered)

"Wait but you guys are getting ahead of yourselves, don't you think any animal would come although it's peaceful you can never underestimate the surroundings, we are not in a safe zone area" (Kelvis, whispered)

"That sounds about right we cannot let our guard down, seeing how the Duke made us stand by I don't see how we won't make a noise and scare it away if something larger approaches" (Orland, whispered)

"It's always precaution with you, there is no way the Duke is thinking straight how does he think catching a fox with chocolate is going to work less any animal in the-" (Evan, whispered)

"Since your so eared to talk go take the lake" (Dorion, said)

Suddenly the teasing knight's conversation stopped immediately like Evan who was insitigating the tease.

Dorion had interrupted him with a side smile as if he was telling Evan to do something a Knight wouldn't do, in other words, get the job done that no one else would do.

"What?" (Evan, asked)

He asked confused and taken aback since he was having good enjoyment before Dorion's words.

"The lake?" (Evan, asked)

'Turn'

'Hand out'

Dorion turned to him and handed him the chocolate bar.

"There has to be someone to place chocolate pieces in each stepping stone then hide behind the waterfall, and you're going to do it" (Dorion, said)

'Dumfound'

Now Evan really had no room to talk.

......

"Grunt" (Evan, grunted)

"I should have kept my mouth shut" (Evan, whispered)

Evan grunted and complained silently as he walked through the cold water feeling the splashing falling water of the waterfall hitting his face.