Elimination

"Welcome to Finding Solstice!" Halle announced as the audience went quiet. "Here are the results of last night."

I'm standing on stage again, in my red dress and heels and makeup, heart pounding a million miles a minute. I felt like my heart was going to detach from my body any minute now with how fast it was going.

Nobody could tell I was nervous. We had spent the day practising a neutral expression so the audience wouldn't be weirded out. All we had to do was wait and step forward. We would be called up for our elimination. I stand next to AC and that girl group 5Ever.

Above us was a recap of all our performances played above us, showing all the best highlights and reactions. The recap ends and the cameras pan to the judges.

"Fairouz, what is your final feedback before the eliminations?" Halle asked, turning to her.

Fairouz started. "I'm so proud of the talent we saw last night and the hard work. Even if you don't win, or even make it to the next round, I'm still going to be proud of you."

"All right," Halle continued, turning to us. "The eliminations are going to start. Five of you will not be making the next round."

I went frigid. Last night, Maria spread the word to her followers to vote for me. I hoped they listened.

"The first elimination will be," Halle began. "Insomnia."

A light flashed on them dramatically.

"Lina."

A light flashed on them dramatically.

"Nebula."

I flinched in fear for my newfound friends. My mind immediately rooted for them and Lina. I liked Insomnia, but I liked Nebula more.

"Please come up to the stage," Halle broadcasted. "One of you will not be advancing to the next round."

They all walked up to the front area, basking in the cheers of their names coming to them. I mentally crossed my fingers. I couldn't lose Grace and Janelle yet. They were too special.

"The act that will not be returning is," Halle began. "Lina."

I sighed in relief for Nebula who made it, but not for Lina. Not to be offensive or anything, but she was a way more interesting act than Insomnia. I grimaced into a smile as Lina hugged everyone and retreated backstage.

More people said that I didn't register because of my nervousness. A.C had made it, so had 5Ever, Kristen, Winona, and some other acts I wasn't too familiar with. Three people had already been eliminated, and there were only six of us left.

"Ezra Thompson."

My name screamed back into my head. I walked up to the stage standing there as cheers came for me. I looked neutral, but truly I wanted to throw up.

"Marco Zoido."

"Trouble Double," Halle finished. The duo walked forward.

We all stood patiently as Halle crinkled open the envelope.

My heart was pounding so fast. Blood rushed through my ears.

I couldn't wait anymore.

"The act that will not be returning is," Halle announced. "Trouble Double."

I almost collapsed in relief.

I made it!

I made it!

I made it!

The biggest smile hit my face. I hugged the boys from Trouble Double, telling them that I was sorry.