Chapter 14

"Good then we move on to second floor?" Suneo asked to which they nodded and they moved on to the second floor.

"Oh compared to the ground and the first floor, this floor has lots of people" Andriette commented while looking around.

"That's because this floor mainly has clothing and makeup shops and you know how people love to dress themselves up" Suneo said.

"Yeah right" said Andriette, then noticed Kaito, he looked like he is scared. She called out to him. He flinched by sudden call of his name and turned to look towards her. Everyone looked at him.

"You okay? You don't look well" Andriette asked.

He looked at others, he found their eyes on him. With each passing second he felt like the surrounding was turning black. To him now their eyes looked like they were laughing at him and mocking him, it made him feel inferior. He closed his ears by his hands and shut his eyes. The laughter of people echoed in his mind. His past memories flashed in his mind.

"Stop it Stop it Stop it" he mumbled slowly that others could not hear clearly what he was saying.

Now his state was worrying everyone. Andriette and Nobita called out to him multiple times but he didn't listen.

Daiken placed his hands on his shoulder but suddenly Kaito opened his eyes and slapped his hand away.

He looked at everyone who was looking at him worried and Daiken who was taken aback.

He widened his eyes when he realised what he has done.

"Excuse me, I'm going to the restroom" he said and left from there hurriedly.

"Umm you guys look around, I'm going behind him" Daiken said to which everyone nodded. They were worried about Kaito.

He went to Kaito and grabbed his wrist. He took him to the restroom and locked the door.

"I'm sorry I'm sorry I'm sorry" Kaito said while looking down, on the verge of crying.

"You okay?" Daiken asked.

"I'm sorry I'm sorry please don't leave me" he continued with now tears falling from his eyes.

Daiken cupped his face with his both hands and made Kaito look up at him.

"why are you crying? Shh~ stop crying" He said trying to calm him and wiped his tears by his thumbs.

"Please don't leave me" Kaito said with a sad voice, and looked at him with eyes filled with tears.

"Why do you think I'll leave you?" Daiken asked.

"....." his tears started to fall again. He clutched Daiken's shirt.

Daiken hugged him. "You don't have to tell if you are not ready" he said caressing his back.

"I-I fear....y-you will leave me....if I tell you" he said between his sobs.

Listening to his words, Daiken broke the hug and again cupped his face. "It doesn't matter you tell me about your past or not but I promise to you I'll never ever leave you" he said reassuringly.

"M-My previous school was....like a h-hell for me. I was bullied. They knew I was a young master of a rich family so some of them would stick to me and pretend to be my friend just for their advantage. They envied me because I always came first. When they get angry over something they used to beat me because they knew my father doesn't care about me. They mocked and laughed at me for not having a mother and for having a father who didn't cared about me even a little bit. I remember there was a boy who maybe took pity on me and used to talk to me. He was the only one willing to. I trusted him so I shared my feelings with him but then....he stopped talking to me too, he distanced himself from me, I don't know why. Maybe because he thought of me as a monster who swallowed my mother as soon as I was born and deserved to be alone? Or because like others, he too, got fed up of a pathetic fool like me? I don't know" he paused.

"That's why after enduring till last year, I mustered up my courage and asked my father to change my school but he refused. So I worked hard to earn a scholarship and leave that place by myself because he didn't care. He only care about my academic results because he doesn't want a fool as his son" he said, tears flowed down his cheeks as he speak "Like that boy, I thought if I told you, you would think of me as a pathetic fool too and would leave me".

Daiken listened to everything silently, his heart ached. He hugged him tightly.

"You are neither a monster nor a pathetic fool. And it was never your fault that your mother died. She was the one who wanted to keep you and give birth to you, even if it meant losing her life because she loved you and wanted you to see the light," Daiken said. Sadness was clear in his voice. "I promise I won't leave you, even if you tell me to, I won't".

Kaito broke down into his arms after listening to his words. He cried till his heart felt lighter, and Daiken was there for him, hugging him, silently waited for him.

They stayed like that until Kaito calmed down.

"Have you calmed down?" Daiken asked.

"..Umm..Yes" Kaito replied.

They broke the hug and Daiken wiped his tears and then kissed his eyes. He then connect their forehead.

"How are you feeling now?" Daiken asked.

"..Fine" Kaito replied blushing slightly.

"Can I ask you something?" Daiken asked, now standing straight. Kaito nodded.

"Did you see something or someone that triggered your trauma? Because you looked like you were fine when we came and looked around the ground and first floor" He asked.

".....hmm..yeah I saw them, some people from the group who used to bully me and beat me" Kaito replied.

"......ohh............you can wait here if you unc-" "the heck man! What happened to this door why isn't it opening?""what! that can't be, try pushing harder""maybe it's jammed" they heard voices outside.

Daiken opened the lock and quickly took Kaito in one of the partitioned toilet and locked it.

"Huh it opened now?" One person spoke.

"Well I told you it must have jammed" the other person spoke.

"Yeah whatever, finish the business quickly" this time someone other than the two before, spoke.

Kaito's eyes widened when he recognised the voice and he started trembling. Daiken looked at him.

"Are they the ones?" Daiken asked whispering.
Kaito nodded.

"You stay here......and...close your ears" Daiken whispered.

"What are you going to do?" Kaito asked concerned.

"I'll be finished quickly, don't worry, just close your ears tightly" Daiken said and went out of the toilet.

×××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××
Originally this shopping mall phase was for Dekinobi but I changed my mind and wrote it for DaikenKaito. But I have other plans for Dekinobi offcourse.

And I'm sorry:⁠-⁠(
I did say that I will upload frequently but I was busy with my school work that didn't have the time for writing.

Thank you for staying, reading my story and coping with me (⁠人⁠ ⁠•͈⁠ᴗ⁠•͈⁠)❤️

Stay safe and healthy❤️

See you in the next chapter, bye👋