chapter 24

(The above photo is how I imagine Dekisugi's dad to be in my story)

--At night--

Nobita was lying on bed with his phone in his hand seemingly waiting for good night message from certain someone. He puts down his phone sighing and closes his eyes trying to sleep.

He keeps tossing and turning in bed trying to find a comfortable position to sleep but still can't sleep, he opens his eyes and sits up, sighing.

"I can't sleep......what would he be doing?.....would he have slept?..is it night time there too?.......*sigh*....... I've gotten too used to talking to him every day since that day....used to seeing his "good night" before bed every night....used to watching my phone, waiting for him to message me but.....now knowing that he is gone and not knowing for how long.....I feel....worried...." 'worried? why?' "because he is a friend" 'just a friend?' "Yeah just a friend" 'are you sure?' "yeah right he is just a.....friend" *heart feels heavy* 'how long are you going to delude yourself?' "........." 'who dreams about their friends in that way? Whose heartbeats increases from being around or just thinking about their friends?' "........." (Here Nobita is having conflicting thoughts, it's like his mind and heart talking)

Nobita shakes his head trying make his thoughts go away and takes his phone, calling Suneo.

*After Suneo picks up the call, --On Call--*

Nobita: Bro I can't sleep! *Sounds frustrated*

Suneo: why? What happened? Are you okay? *Worriedly*

Nobita: I don't know bro...there are some thoughts invading my brain that's not letting me sleep.

Suneo:......about Dekisugi?

Nobita: huh?...How do you know?

Suneo: *sigh* I know you more than you know yourself... anyway what types of thoughts were you having?

Nobita: Right...I couldn't stop thinking about him, I'm kind of worried I don't know why....

Suneo: worried? Didn't your brother say that he is just gone for a while to take care of his father and his father's business so why are you worried?

Nobita: Yes that's what brother told but.... there's this feeling in my heart that I don't know how to explain....

Suneo: say it bro I'll understand...when was it that I didn't understand you?

Nobita: Right... maybe you'll be able to understand....I feel...kind of...restless...

Suneo: Hmm..why?

Nobita: I can't stop thinking if he is going to be okay or when is he coming back....and my heart feels heavy when I think what if he never comes back...

Suneo: I don't think you should be worrying about him never coming back...there's no way he can stay away for long..

Nobita: how can you say that?

Suneo: It's just been one day but I can bet he must be feeling more restless than you....to be by your side again *says the last words under his breath*

----------------

--Meanwhile--

There stood a figure at the top floor of the building, in his father's office, looking at the bright landscape in front through the large french glass window, with someone's photo evidently visible on the screen of his phone.

His gaze returns to his phone as he raises his other hand and brushes over the photo as if his gentle touch could be felt by the person in the photo.

He gets disturbed by a knock on the door, he answered the knock with a simple 'come in' without looking up from his phone or turning around to see who it is.

His father's assistant came in with report files in his hands and bows, "Young master, here's all the reports of the current situation here"

"Please leave it on the table", Dekisugi says, finally looking up from his phone, he sighs and closes his phone, putting it back in his pocket and turns around, "by the way uncle...what did the doctor say? Is his condition still critical?"

"The doctors are giving their best, tending to the boss, young master... don't worry..his condition will get better soon" the assistant answered while placing the files on the table.

"I hope all gets well soon so I can return as soon as possible...I miss him *mutters under his breath*..well keep me updated of his condition and one more thing..set some men to keep an eye in secret on the enemy party and report me of their every action...they know dad is in serious condition so there is a possibility they may try some move", he says walking upto the table, taking the file in his hands.

"Yes I understand young master", the assistant bows and excuses himself.

Dekisugi goes and sits on his seat, the file still in his hands, going through it.

-----------------

Suneo: Anyway don't worry and go to sleep... remember we have to go shopping tomorrow?

Nobita: ohh yeah I remember...ok then I'll try to sleep.... Good night bro..

Suneo: Yeah try to rest your mind and go to sleep..we have to wake up early....good night to you too..bye.

Nobita: right..bye.

Nobita ends the call, feeling a little better. He puts the phone down, lying down and closes his eyes.

--the next morning--

As planned Daiken went to pick up Andriette and Kaito while Gian took the others to the shopping mall. They all reached there by 10 am. They first decided to explore the mall and buying the things they liked and gifts for Andriette's parents.

Suneo approached Andriette, "Hey Latte I came across this and remembered you once said you have a best friend so I bought it as a souvenir for your best friend", he says handing her the gift he bought.

"Wow..it's beautiful", Andriette smiles, "thank you, I'll be sure to give it to her..I can bet she'll be very happy recieving it".

Suneo nods smiling, "that would be nice". Though others were busy looking at things but Gian's attention was fully on the two's interaction. His eyes never leaving Suneo's face, taking in the every expression he makes.

After roaming around in the mall, enjoying, eating and shopping for what felt like hours they finally comes out of the mall and goes to their cars to place the shopping bags before going to enjoy around the market streets.

The sun has started to come down slowly creating a beautiful hue of yellow and orange in the sky. They roams around the streets, tasting different street foods and looking around at different stalls.

There was a particular article that caught Gian's attention, he secretly buys it. He waits for when Everyone was at different stalls, enjoying themselves looking around.

Gian takes the chance when Nobita's attention wasn't on Suneo and grabs Suneo's hand, pulling him towards himself, making Suneo bump into his wide chest.

"What are you doing?"

×××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××

Hii guys I'm not dead yet😅 here's the next chapter~
Hope you like and enjoy it❤️~
Take care and stay safe ╰⁠(⁠*⁠'⁠︶⁠'⁠*⁠)⁠╯❤️~