Chapter 23

"It was an emergency!" Daiken added defensively.

Everybody went silent and no one spoke anything.

"Is everything alright?" Nobita finally asked, concerned.

"Yeah I...guess..*sighs then smiles reassuringly* hopefully everything is gonna be alright... don't worry he will be back soon" Daiken answers positively to ease out everyone's worry especially Nobita's.

"....okay" Nobita nodded a little, not asking much since he knows his brother isn't going to answer him truthfully.

"By the way Latte when are you planning on departing for your home country?" Daiken asked trying to change the focus

Andriette thought for a little before answering, "Uh..ohh..well I'll check which flight is suitable and will book the ticket."

"Ohh then make sure to tell us after checking we can plan something before you go" Shizuka said excitedly.

Andriette chuckled a little, "sure", Andriette caught Kaito glancing at Daiken from time to time and smirked a little.

"What is your plan for the vacation Kaito?" She asks catching him off guard.

"Ohh umm well I'll just study at home and complete the given assignments and project" he replies feeling a little embarrassed telling his simple plan, he didn't get to go anywhere during vacations since he was small and spent time alone in that big house every vacation with just servants who also minds their own business not caring about him.

"Ohh i have a nice idea..why don't we do the projects together? Like we all can gather either in my house or Suneo's and we can all complete our project while helping each other and we'll be able to spend our time together during the vacation too" Nobita suggests with a bright smile and looks expectantly at them waiting for their opinions.

"That's a very good idea!" Shizuka exclaims

"but Latte won't be able to join us" Suneo adds

"Don't worry about me! I'll complete my project there and if I need help why do we have this?" Andriette grins waving her phone in the air.

Everyone chuckles at that.

"Well since my father isn't home most time of the days he won't know so I'll join you guys" Kaito says smiling after giving it some thought.

"What about the servants in that house?" Suneo asks, getting everyone to think over it.

"I have an idea..wanna listen to it?" Gian says, gaining everyone's attention.

[Time skip]

In the evening~

Nobita was trying to focus on his studies, sitting on his study table but his mind were filled with Dekisugi's thoughts, *closes his books* he sighs knowing clearly well that he won't be able to focus until he gets the truth.

He gets up making his way out of his room to his brother's bedroom and knocks on the door, "brother it's me..can I come in?" He asks to which he got a yes from inside.

He opens the door, going inside and finds his brother lying on his bed, he goes upto the bed and sits on it beside him, folding his legs.

"Brother please tell me what happened? I can't concentrate on my studies..there are these questions revolving in my mind"

"what actually happened for him to leave like that?"

"is it something serious?"

"can he handle that?"

"how is he?"

"when is he coming back?"

"he is gonna be fine right?"