Part 9

I am sat in my bedroom, peering out the window at Conrad when I see my mum sit down next to him.

I slightly open the window to hear what they're saying.

"You're still my special guy you know? You're the first baby boy. You can talk to me about anything." She tells him.

'How come she doesn't say this stuff to me?'

"Thank you."

"You know, you don't have to hold everything in all the time. You don't always have to be strong."

"I know." He stops for a moment. "But it's really not me you should be talking to about this. You should talk to Y/N."

"Why?"

"Laur I don't want to sound rude, but are you blind?"

She laughs, slightly shocked.

"You think she seems her normal self this year? Cause I don't."

"Maybe she's acting a little bit different, but I think you're trying to get the attention off of yourself."

He chuckles.

I close the window as they carry on talking

"Dinner!" Susannah shouts.

~~

"This is delicious." Belly's boyfriend who's got a surprise invitation announces.

"Yeah." She replies.

"So Cam. You mind if I call you Cam Cameron?" Jere asks.

"Mhm. Yeah feel free it's funny."

"Cool."

"I'm glad you're hear Cameron. I know your mum, Denise, from the club. I have heard a lot about you." Suz says.

"Thank you so much for having me, Susannah."

The parents carry on making conversion with Cam, before Jeremiah interrupts.

"Why don't you eat meat, Cam Cameron?"

"Uh, the meat industry is, like, the number one contributor to global warming."

"Mm"

"And I, I like animals."

"Just don't come for my leather jacket." Taylor laughs

"I'm pretty sure you mean pleather." Steven comments which Taylor holds up a middle finger to.

"You know, uh, actually, Belly eats meat so, You let her kiss you with those lips?"

"Guys stop." I tell them.

"No i don't judge people for eating meat, it's just a personal preference"

"So you don't mind if her lips touch a dead animal, then touch your lips?" Jere laughs, proud of himself.

"No in fact." Cam then leans over to Belly and gives her a quick peck on the lips.

Conrad looks down, annoyed.

Steven and Jere start making fake retching noises.

"Oh grow up Belly's allowed to kiss" Laurel says.

They then carry on bringing up embarrassing stories of Belly when she was younger.

"You've barely touched your food." Conrad says.

I tense up.

"Not hungry."

He grabs a bit of lobster and tries to force it into my mouth, laughing.

"Conrad can you stop it." I let out a giggle but soon become serious again.