Part 18

I am sat on the curb outside with a bottle of whiskey, when Conrad and Nicole storm out together.

"It's always been about Belly." I manage to hear Nicole say.

"My mum told me to ask her."

They argue for a couple minutes, before Nicole drives off, leaving Conrad with a bag of clothes.

"You asked belly too?" I stand up.

"How long have you been there?"

"The whole time." I take a deep breath in. "Care to explain?"

"Look, I had to ask Belly and she said no because she's going with Jere but you, I wanted to ask you okay, I really did."

"So you and Jere are assholes?"

"What do you mean by Jere?"

"He fricken has been trying to make out with me all summer and acting like he likes me but he just used me to get with Belly. And you, you have been using me as a backup my whole life and I won't settle for that bullshit anymore."

"Y/N."

"No, literally no." I take a sip of my drink when I start to feel like I did on the boat with Cleaveland.

"Y/N?" He asks concerned. "Y/N what's wrong?"

I put a hand to my chest.

"Leave me alone." I storm away from the house and begin to walk home.

"Eminem it's miles away." He yells.

I carry on walking.

~~

I get back to the house at 2am, with Jeremiah, Laurel and Conrad waiting for me.

"Where the fuck were you?" Laurel stands up as I shut the door.

"I was walking home."

"From 8 miles away? At night? You are so stupid."

"I fucking get it mum jesus. No one likes me already, doesn't make a difference what I do."

The boys both look at me.

I look at my mum, then Jere, then Conrad.

"Y/N?" Laurels voice sounds faint.

I hold my head.

"Is she okay?" Jere questions.

"I'm going to bed." I walk upstairs and sit next to Ally.

"Alls? You awake?"

She doesn't reply.

I lean back against the bed and out an airpod in.

I press play on 'When the party's over'

ping.

A text.

'U up?'

I place my phone down and storm outside in only a big t-shirt and underwear.

I meet him at the end of the docks.

"Stop it." I yell. "Bad things keep happening to me because of you."

"I know, I'm sorry, I feel like I keep doing the wrong thing when it comes to you."

The song carries on in my ear.

"This is yours." He hands me the infinity necklace. "You can keep it or throw it to the bottom of the ocean, I just."