Part 40

Conrad's POV

We walk into party city together and try to come up with a little plan.

"So, plan?" Jeremiah asks.

"I mean, it's a rager right, so go big." Y/N tells us.

"How big are we talking, y/n?" He puts his arm around her.

"Get off," She mutters, shrugging his arm off.

"Right like, Dad's Amex big or..." I hold up my wallet.

"The sacred emergency Amex?" Jere gasps. "Okay, last one to fill your cart, has to load it all in, go!"

We grab a cart each and run around the store.

I throw in a couple random cups and things I see.

When I turn the corner I run into y/n.

"Nope, no way, your cart is so boring."

"These plates have glitter on them." I show her.

"How about this," She places a rainbow feather boa around my neck. "Yup, that's more like it."

When she turns around, a huge smile is painted across my face.

She then gives me a pair of sunflower glasses and bursts out laughing.

"This is, 100% your look Connie baby."

"Oh is it?" I chuckle.

"Yeah."

I step in front of her, reach for a little tiara and put it into her hair.

"It's funny, you know, my mom used to call me Connie when I was too in my head," I pause. "Sorry, I'm sorry I'm not trying to bring the mood down, I know the order of the day is fun."

"No it doesn't have to be fun," She sighs. "Can we just, talk about the elephant in the room that I feel like we're both pretending isn't here."

"Sure, of course." I take the glasses off.

"I've been trying ever since that day, to just figure out how to apologise but, an apology doesn't seem enough, for the funeral."

"Y/N,"

"No I, shouldn't have tried to make that day about me, I said awful things to you, I'm really ashamed, I didn't want the day to go like that. I really wanted to be there for you, that's why I went go find you."

"It's fine." I tell her.

"It's not, it's not fine, I was just jealous, I saw Aubrey, but I didn't have a right, we weren't together anymore."

"Of course you have a right," I don't mean to say have, but I do. "I was having a panic attack, I completely crumbled. Aubrey was just the one who found me. I really wish it was you. I do."

I take off her tiara and un-tuck her hair, the way she likes it.

"I didn't know that you," She starts, but gets cut off by Jere clearing his throat. Very loudly.

"We're nearly done." I tell him.

"Cool, hurry up."

There is an awkward tension in the air.

"Look! Polaroid cameras, let's leave them around so people can take pictures."

"That's a cool idea," I say. "Like our mom made us do."

"Yeah." She smiles, and we make eye contact for one second, until Jere speaks up again.

"Let's go pay then, yeah?"

We both nod and follow after him.

~~

I see y/n grab two boxes of tequila and a bag of clothes to bring inside but Jeremiah grabs her arm, nearly making her drop them.

"Here I'll take that for you m'lady."

"I've got it." She smiles.

"No, I'll take it."

"Nope, I'm good." She carries on inside.

If he really knew y/n, he'd know that she's like Jo March, she would never let a guy carry something for her, she's too stubborn.

Once I finish unpacking the party supplies, I bring the bubble machines to the living room, well, where the living room was.

I put them down and plug them in, but I can't help over hear the girls' conversation.

"What was it like kissing all three of them?" Skye asks.

"JJ was really sweet, Jeremiah, it was okay, didn't give me like," Y/N starts.

"Fireworks." Skye interrupts.

"Yeah, and then with you know who, the first time I think I literally blacked out, but then the rest of them," She pauses.

"Go into as much detail as possible."

"Okay," She laughs. "They were like either really gentle, or really really hot."

"Did you guys ever, you know?"

"Um," Y/N takes a second. "I won't be sharing that information."

"Okay, that's a yes. Well then, out of all three, who would you kiss again?"

"I think it's quite obvious, but y/n would make the wrong choice."

"No comment."

After that, I walk back to get the lights, and meet Jere out by the car.

"Can I talk to you?" He asks.

"Sure." I nod.

"Whatever game your trying to play with her, can you stop."

"What do you mean?" I ask, genuinely confused.

"Don't play dumb, we can all tell that your trying to win y/n back."

"What?"

"Well I don't think it's gonna happen," He puts an arm on my shoulder. "I just don't want you to get your hopes up, I think she's moved on."

He then starts making his way inside and leaves me here, so baffled, and honestly, it's quite clear he still likes her, so I assume he's telling me that just to have hee himself.

"I'm not playing any games with her, just so you know."

"Sure." He keeps walking.

I won't lie to myself and say that I don't still love her, because I fucking do, but never has it been my intention to play games with her. All I want is for her to be happy, that's what matters to me most in this world.

I grab the lights from the trunk and head back inside.

'I'm gonna love you when our hair is turning grey."