Part 15

"Hey Jere." I stand over him as he lays by the pool.

"Hey. How was the rest of the debbing?"

"Pretty shit."

"Why?"

"Still haven't got an escort."

"Well, if it makes you feel any better our mum's are high-key stoned right now. All my favourite snacks are gone."

"Jere bear! I need to paint you while the lights still good." Susannah forces him to hold a stick and stand in a stupid position.

I head inside to check on my mum, who decides to tell me about the guy she screwed last night.

"Let me put your hair in braids."

"No. No. No." I run to the door. "Jeremiah please save me my mum wants to braid my hair!"

I start having to run away from her until i hear Jere's yell.

"Y/N."

We walk outside and look at the same painting Jere is looking at.

"It's. Um. It is something."

"Picasso and Jack Pollock had a baby." Laurel points out with a cackle.

"What! No." Suz gets up and checks.

"Oh my god it's terrible." She bursts out with laughter.

We all join her.

"This is why old people should not do drugs."

"Such blatant ageism."

"Lets leave these brats, and walk along the beach!" Susannah links arms with Laurel and they head off.

I walk upstairs to sit in my room.

"Hey cmon lets go swim." Jere chases me.

"My mum has been on me about cleaning my room, especially since yesterday."

"How come no one ever wants to play with me?"

His little joke just annoys me.

"Quit whining." I clear my throat. "Later."

I slam my door in his face.

~~

After what feel like years of waiting, i hear him in the garden so i head downstairs to see him.

"Hey."

"Hi." His smile lasts for a second but then drops immediately.

After helping him clear up for a few seconds, I get straight to the point.

"So, we almost kissed last night."

"Did we? I was pretty wasted i don't really remember much."

I scoff slightly.

"Are you serious?"

"Okay, we almost kissed. What do you want me to say I'm sorry?"

"Are you sorry?"

"I don't know. Y/N I think about you. I do, you know I do. I just, can't."

"You know after the shit I'm dealing with this really puts the cherry on top." I laugh with shock. 

"Fine. It's fine." I choke, tearing up the slightest bit. "I'm not wasting my time waiting for you anymore. Life's too fucking short."

I storm away, hearing his faint voice yell.

"What uh shit? What are you quote on quote dealing with?"

I whip my whole body towards him and walk over so I'm right in front of him.

"It doesn't matter." I pause. "Yet."

He looks at his feet.

"Nothing to say?" I ask. "Okay then."

I carry on stomping away.

I am sat cross legged on my bed, tears streaming down my face. My chest feels tight, but nothing too bad.

'Shouldn't there be someone I can call right now?'

knock knock.

"You hungry?"

I quickly wipe my tears.

"No thanks Jere."

"You okay?"

"Mhm."

"You sure?"

I nod.

"Kay, come down if you want some food."

He shuts the door.

~~

After a few hours of laying in bed feeling sorry for myself, i decide to head downstairs for a drink. 

As soon as I leave my room I hear the front door close and see Susannah stumbling on the staircase.

It's not a, 'I'm drunk' kind of stumble it's more of a, 'I'm dying' one.

I stand next to her.

"Come on Suz."

I lift her up and go behind her, helping her slowly make her way up the stairs.

I have to not look at her, because I can feel my eyes sting with salt every time I do.

"No falling today."

She laughs.

We reach the top of the stairs and say goodnight, before i head back down.

I see Conrad, in the kitchen, so I decide to go for a night swim instead.

I Jump in the pool, not caring that I'm fully-clothed.

After doing a couple laps, I hear a splash and see Jeremiah.

"Hey."

"Hey." I look at his eyes. "Have you seen Belly I feel like I have no idea where she is."

"She's in her room."

"Oh."

"You're my friend, Y/N."

"Oh wow thanks for the compliment."

He chuckles.

"There have been times when I've wanted us to be more than that."

"Oh."

"Yeah."

"Look Jere I."

I don't finish my sentence.

My words get cut off by the feeling of his lips on mine.

We kiss.

In the middle of the pool.

Me. And. Jeremiah.

Not Conrad.

Jeremiah.