Part 37

We are all sat in the cinema room, watching a film together.

Taylor's trying to create a zoot out of an apple to smoke some rich people weed she found, meanwhile everyone else is being quiet.

When she grabs another apple, she starts making a mess, and Cam seems like he is about to have a panic attack.

"Okay, please, can, can you just try be a little cleaner, also you can not smoke in here."

"I'm not gonna smoke in here." She tells him.

"Well, why don't we take this outside before Cam Cameron has stroke?" Jere laughs.

"Hit the gas!" Steven shouts to Cam, who is driving a golf cart across the green.

"I'm hitting the gas!"

I trail along behind them while Skye, Belly and Taylor are walking together.

"Guys i think I know what the problem is, I think there is too many of us on here." Conrad says like some kind of genius.

After a few more minutes, the cart finally dies, and we all agree to crash nearby.

"Great timing, because, I have finally discovered the secret of the apple bong." Skye holds it up.

"Nice job." Jere says.

"That's surprising." Cam tells them.

"I have layers."

There is a small silence before Jeremiah speaks up again.

"Okay! Let's unpack."

Everyone grabs a bag each and starts walking up to where we agreed to sleep.

~~

When I was twelve, Conrad and Laurel took me golfing here once.

Susannah had taken Jeremiah, Belly and Steven to the Boardwalk, but I had already been and Conrad didn't want to go, so my Mom took us here.

"Why can I not hit it right?" I ask, looking up at him.

"Your forms all wrong, come here."

He puts his arms over my shoulders so that his hands are clasping around mine.

"Okay, bend your knees."

I giggle while I do.

"Back straight."

I straighten my back.

"And swing."

He helps me hit the ball, and it goes into the hole.

"Yes!" I cheer, hugging him.

"Well done eggy."

"Don't call me eggy."

He laughs.

"Hey guys, do you want drinks?" My Mom yells at us.

"Yeah! Lemonade please." I shout back. "What do you want."

"I'll have whatever you're getting."

"Make that two!"

She holds a thumbs up at us and goes over to the pool bar.

"Okay, come on help me do this again." I tell Conrad.

"Again?"

"Please?"

"Fine." He doesn't smile, but the corners of his mouth turn up as he helps me once again.

I didn't really need help that time, I just wanted him to be close to me, to talk to me.