Part 32

We all gather around the kitchen island and speak about what's going on today.

"I'm not leaving." Conrad repeats.

"Con it's better to just distract ourselves, we got the open house cancelled, we won this round." I tell him.

After a few more minutes of light arguing, we finally convince him.

"Where are we going then?"

"I was thinking." I grin. "The boardwalk."

We all agree, hop in our cars and make our way to the boardwalk.

A showdown is coming.

Jere, Belly and Taylor go together, Conrad and Steven together, and I drive with Skye in my little jeep.

"So, Skye." I say as we start driving. "What kind of music do you like?"

"You'd hate it."

"Put it on." I hand my phone over.

"Please don't judge."

"Of course not."

They proceed to press play.

"Are you fucking kidding me? I love Alex-g."

"Really?"

"Yeah, also not just because of TikTok."

They laugh and look out the window.

"It feels weird being back here, I don't know how to describe, sorta bitter-sweet."

"Yeah, I know what you mean." I nod.

We listen in silence until we reach the boardwalk.

Once we arrive, we head straight to the ice cream stand and head to the end of the pier.

We start speaking about old times at the boardwalk and it makes me happy.

"Y/N, you had to ride the tower of terror and you were so scared you threw up."

"I was sick."

"Sick with fear." Conrad adds. "I remember my Mom threw your sweater away and carried you home in a Caftan."

"I loved that sweater." I laugh.

"Susannah used to force my mom to come here when they were kids, my mom always hated it but Susannah loved it so much." Skye speaks.

"You know what else my mom loved? The beach house." Con says.

I slightly chuckle but stop when I see the annoyed expression on Skye's face.

"My Mom's not evil, Conrad. And your mom wasn't a saint."

"She was though." I tell them.

There is an awkward silence when Conrad stares at them with a dirty gaze, until Belly interrupts.

"Skye, have you ever played Shoot Your Shot?"

"No and I'm fine keeping it that way."

"But Skye, do you wanna watch me beat Conrad's ass?" I look at him.

"You could not do that." He eats some ice cream.

"I wouldn't hate watching that." They tell me.

"Think you still got it Connie?" I ask with a wide smirk.

"Okay, no, please. Please not another Great Boardwalk Showdown." Steven practically yells.

"Why not?" Con and I say in unison.

"Basically, Eminem and Conrad used to do a big tournament on the boardwalk every summer, y/n would always give me a riveting play-by-play when she got home."

"Yeah, until my Mom banned us from ever playing again because you two got too competitive and y/n cried." Steven reminds us.

"You down, Jere?" Conrad asks him.

"Hell yeah."

Everyone simultaneously agrees and we get into teams for the showdown.

"So, team y/n." I yell. "Bells, Taylor and Skye, and team Conrad, Jere and Steven."

"You guys have an extra player." Steven whines.

"So?" I cross my arms. "Scared we're gonna beat you?"

"Obviously not." He laughs.

"Okay then, what are we gonna start with?"

"You guys can pick." Conrad points at me.

"I say Arcade, because I may pass out in this heat." I tell them all.

"True that." Jeremiah says.

We all start to make our way to the Arcade, Conrad and me at the back.

"Not gonna finish your ice cream?" He asks me.

"No, not hungry enough cause of the heat. You want it?"

"Sure." He takes the pot and quickly scoops a huge chunk out. "You have such weird taste, who the hell even likes chocolate chip."

"Me."

"Weirdo."

"At least I'm not gonna lose the showdown."

"You wish, you'll probably cry again." He says.

"We'll see." I turn my head towards him and grin.

"We'll see." He repeats.

'Keep quiet, it's the only place I know, it's my favourite.'

Sorry for the short chapter loves, I really wanted to get this out for you!! More chapters coming soon <3